DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: samsung galaxy s3 vs nexus

  1. Master Droid
    wvdroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    58549
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    769
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #1

    samsung galaxy s3 vs nexus

    What are the main differences between the nexus and s3? I was thinking s3 but how can i get verizon let me early upgrade to the s3? They offer it for the razr maxx , rezound and nexus but not the s3 yet.
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    IrishSmash's Avatar
    Member #
    227027
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    ATHelpdesk
    Phone
    Galaxy S III
    #2
    Samsung Galaxy S III vs Samsung Galaxy NexusThe link has a good breakdown on the comparisons.

    Personal experience- I like the S3 much more than the Nexus (both of the phones are great, but the S3 has many more key bells and whistles that I enjoy- and a better battery life).
    AT Helpdesk™


    Samsung Galaxy S III: Stock
    Motorola Razr Maxx: Stock

    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Stock
    Motorola Bionic: Rooted

    HTC Sensation 4G: Stock
    HTC Inspire 4G: Rooted
    iPhone 4: Jailbroke
    iPhone 3gS: Jailbroke

    And more...
  4. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #3
    I'm not sure what information you're hoping to get here that you haven't already received from the other allowed to upgrade earlier, which phone should I get? and best new phone threads you've been asking similar questions in for the past few weeks. Compared to the Nexus, the S3 has a faster, more efficient processor, better battery life, much better reception, a much better camera, larger screen, 2GB of RAM, a microSD card slot, and it's thinner. The biggest things the Nexus has in its favor is stock Android (although you won't get updates first because Verizon messes up that process in a major way) and developer support.

    They're probably not offering the S3 because it's still the new kid on the block and the most cutting edge phone they have right now. All of the others are getting close to being a year old, and have new versions right around the corner, so they'll be more willing to let those go.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 09-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

    Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

    Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I'm not sure what information you're hoping to get here that you haven't already received from the other allowed to upgrade earlier, which phone should I get? and best new phone threads you've been asking similar questions in for the past few weeks. Compared to the Nexus, the S3 has a faster, more efficient processor, better battery life, much better reception, a much better camera, larger screen, 2GB of RAM, a microSD card slot, and it's thinner. The biggest things the Nexus has in its favor is stock Android (although you won't get updates first because Verizon messes up that process in a major way) and developer support.

    They're probably not offering the S3 because it's still the new kid on the block and the most cutting edge phone they have right now. All of the others are getting close to being a year old, and have new versions right around the corner, so they'll be more willing to let those go.
    I was blessed enough to come from Nexus(bad signal)to a S3.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSmash View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S III vs Samsung Galaxy NexusThe link has a good breakdown on the comparisons.

    Personal experience- I like the S3 much more than the Nexus (both of the phones are great, but the S3 has many more key bells and whistles that I enjoy- and a better battery life).
    Loved my pure vanilla,but you can't beat the battery life on the S3.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  7. Master Droid
    wvdroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    58549
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    769
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #6
    What can the s3 do that the nexus can't? It's between the nexus and the s3 although like I said they won't offer me the s3 for my early upgrade. That is why I was asking about the nexus or if I should try to get them to budge on the s3 and if they won't should I wait til october?
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  8. Master Droid
    ChevyNexus's Avatar
    Member #
    41094
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    In my opinion I enjoy the Nexus better. I think the battery life is easily fixed i get good use on mine and i consider myself a heavy user. The phone signal is a mute point now that those new JellyBean radios are out. I have them flashed an holy cow they rock. Rock solid signal. So I prefer the Nexus for pure android and the Dev. community.
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

    Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  9. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    What can the s3 do that the nexus can't? It's between the nexus and the s3 although like I said they won't offer me the s3 for my early upgrade. That is why I was asking about the nexus or if I should try to get them to budge on the s3 and if they won't should I wait til october?
    Sir,Im not trying to be funny,but you've got to do some homework yourself.Why are you asking people on this site about the diff between the S3 and the Nexus.Ive seen people post links and everything else.Ive been in the S3 forums for only a wk now(coming from Nexus)and like someone else said,what more info do you want.Make your mind,get a S3 or the Nexus,and enjoy.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  10. Droid
    MrBunster's Avatar
    Member #
    233353
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Liberated Droid 2
    #9
    My mom and brother both have Nexuses (Nexi?). I have a gs3, and I much prefer it to their phones. They may be more dev friendly, but I think the software touches on TouchWiz are actually quite charming. This phone is stupid fast out of the box ( just as capable as my bro's phone running CM10 is) and I am practically stock. More future proof, prettier IMHO, and and everything seems slightly more refined (the camera especially!).

    I asked the same question when I upgraded to my gs3. And that's the phone in my hands right now. Don't worry about bootloaders, aosp Android, or that special Nexusy feeling. Get the gs3. It's pretty freakin cool.
  11. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    What can the s3 do that the nexus can't? It's between the nexus and the s3 although like I said they won't offer me the s3 for my early upgrade. That is why I was asking about the nexus or if I should try to get them to budge on the s3 and if they won't should I wait til october?
    I already gave you list of some of the many advantages that the S3 has over the Nexus in my post above - better battery life, faster performance, better pictures, better reception, expandable memory, etc.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

    Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

    Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy (Nexus) s3
    By pc747 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:48 PM
  2. [APPS] Samsung galaxy s2++ beat by galaxy nexus.
    By jeffv2 in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Search tags for this page

difference between galaxy nexus and s3

,

difference between nexus and s3

,
difference between samsung galaxy s3 and samsung galaxy nexu
,
difference between samsung nexus and s3
,

galaxy nexus vs galaxy s3

,

galaxy nexus vs s3

,

galaxy s3 vs nexus

,
nexus vs galaxy s3 droidforums
,

nexus vs s3

,

samsung galaxy s3 vs nexus

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+