DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 vs RAZR HD

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman2008 View Post
    What are the pros and cons with the S3 compared to your Rezound? What features do you think makes it that much better? I was thinking about the S3 but I read (somewhere in these forums) from so many long lists of complaints, I'm not so sure.
    As I replied in another thread to a post of yours discussing complaints about the S3, most people come to forums when they have a problem. So with any device, you'll see far more negative posts than positive posts. For any negative post about the S3, I'll find an corresponding negative post about the Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, RAZR, Bionic, or any other device. It's just the nature of forums. Most people don't come to post when everything is working great. Having owned pretty much every major Android device on Verizon (and several non-major ones), I can honestly say the S3 is one of the most problem-free devices I've owned. That's not to say that it's perfect, because no device is, but most of the problems you're reading about are the exceptions to the rule. If they weren't, I think the issues would be well known to everyone and extremely widespread given the millions upon millions of S3's that have been sold around the world.

As for the pros and cons of the S3 versus the Rezound, having owned the Rezound, this is how I see them breaking down:

Pros
    - A faster, more efficient processor
    - 2GB of RAM (not only is the extra memory noticeable in everyday use, but it also makes the device more future-proof)
    - Better battery life
    - NFC
    - Larger screen (half an inch)
    - Thinner and lighter
    - Touch Whiz has some great built-in features

Cons
    - Reception isn't quite as good, although it's much better than any other Samsung Android device that's been on Verizon, and it drops signal less than the Rezound.
    - Touch Whiz - it's a little cartoonish for my taste (but then again, so is Sense), but that can easily be taken care of with a custom launcher.

Both have great cameras (I'd give a slight edge to the camera on the S3, but it's extremely slight), 720p displays (between the two, I tend to prefer the Super AMOLED of the S3 myself, but that's personal preference), and both support SVDO (simultaneous voice and data over 3G). The S3 bests the Rezound in pretty much everything, but I'd say it's not a huge step up. Unless you've damaged your Rezound and have to get a new phone, or unless you're like me and constantly change devices every couple of months, you're probably not going to see a massive difference in switching from the Rezound to the S3. At this point, unless your Rezound has bitten the dust or is full of problems, I'd wait and see what's coming around the corner with the rumored 1080p HTC, the possibility of the Galaxy Note 2, and information on the next Nexus (or the multiple Nexus devices).
    Last edited by bsweetness; 09-09-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    k1ngr4t likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    The s3 is far more expensive though. Do you think the price difference is where it should be? Because like others said, there isnt a far distance between the two phones when it comes to software.

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk
  3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogMP View Post
    The s3 is far more expensive though. Do you think the price difference is where it should be? Because like others said, there isnt a far distance between the two phones when it comes to software.

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk
    Well, you're talking about a phone that's almost a year old versus a phone that's only two months old. There's naturally going to be a price difference in on-contract price as well as with resale value (the full retail prices are similar). And it's the hardware, not so much the software, that will have a greater impact on that. The S3 offers a step up in nearly every aspect on hardware, along with the probability of a longer time frame of official software support (since it's newer) from this point onward.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzzy3z
    I constantly hear how Motorola radios are better than Samsung. From my perspective this is no longer true. My S3 blows my Droid X our of the water when it comes to signal strength. I am typing this reply from my office - a place my X couldn't even get a signal.
    And for the speaker thing. My s3 blows my old MAXX away.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lugodx View Post
    And for the speaker thing. My s3 blows my old MAXX away.
    I'll definitely agree with that. The speaker on the S3 is very good, and definitely sounds better than the speaker on my MAXX did.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    bsweetness,
    Thank you for the best Pro's and Con's list I have seen comparing these two devices.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    The only thing I truly miss from my thunderbolt is the clock from sense. The integration of the weather was great (who doesn't love when the windshield wipers come on?!) and most importantly the access to the clock. The alarm clock on the s3 blows and mine works sparingly at best. I set the alarm from the stock app, alarm klock and the I set it on my galaxy tab 10.1 also. And the ring selection for alarms is terrible. I'm not gonna wake up to some soothing sounds, I need a ring.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news people.. but there's no true way to do an accurate pros and cons list yet... we don't know everything about the HD... just saying...

And I say this as a moto fanboy lol
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news people.. but there's no true way to do an accurate pros and cons list yet... we don't know everything about the HD... just saying...

And I say this as a moto fanboy lol
    That's why I haven't done one yet. My list above is in response to someone who asked for the pros and cons of the S3 versus the Rezound.

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Reading is your friend!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links