DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need help with flash.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Liberated Droid Bionic

Need help with flash.

Hello everyone. I just picked up the S3 earlier today and can't seem to find the adobe flash player in the play store....anyone know how to get flash to work on this phone? Thanks in advanced. Btw, this is the most amazing phone I've ever used!
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Adobe Flash Player is no longer being developed for Android, and it's been removed from the Play store. That's why you haven't been able to find it. There was an app in the Play store that allowed you to download Flash from Adobe, but it seems like it's been removed. There have been a lot of fake Flash apps that actually contained viruses and malware since Flash was removed, so I guess Google decided to pull any of the apps that supposedly help you get Flash.

A Google search for "Adobe flash player Android" does bring a up a link to Flash in the Play store though. You can try that, and see if it will let you install it. If not, just search online for the APK. I'm sure it's all over the place.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Liberated Droid Bionic
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it did not work with the adobe download. Is there anyway you can post a link to a working apk?
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zZvaNyaZz View Post
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it did not work with the adobe download. Is there anyway you can post a link to a working apk?
    I'd have to search for it online, which I'm not quite able to do right now. I can try to take a look later.

But in the meantime, you could do a search yourself. Just search for adobe flash player apk on Google, and limit your results to the past week. I'm sure you'll find several working links to the apk.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Liberated Droid Bionic
    That worked! Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate the help.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Adobe Flash Player is no longer being developed for Android, and it's been removed from the Play store. That's why you haven't been able to find it. There was an app in the Play store that allowed you to download Flash from Adobe, but it seems like it's been removed. There have been a lot of fake Flash apps that actually contained viruses and malware since Flash was removed, so I guess Google decided to pull any of the apps that supposedly help you get Flash.
    One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you wonít be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesnít mean that you canít get it.Here is briefed tutorial
    Manually install flash on your Samsung Android Device
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Re: Need help with flash.

You can go into S Suggest on your phone and find it there. It will send you to the play store and you will be able to download and install!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This is something i wish google would have bought from adobe, or at least license so they could continue improving, or change the current direction of flash. I used manuall guide to install flash player on my samsung galaxy s3.

Links