DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't get my computer to recognize my S3

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Can't get my computer to recognize my S3

When I connect my S3 to my computer it will try and install the driver but constantly fail. I've plugged it and ran it through Kies multiple times and it says its fixed the connection problem and needs to restart. After the computer restarts it fails to recognize it and goes through the same reinstall of the driver. I've tried also going through Windows and the same problem happens. I have also tried swapping between the USB MTP and PTP and different USB ports on my computer. Finally I went as far as trying my laptop, it recognizes it but when i go to drop things into the phone the computer states its either timed out or had to cancel the connection. I don't know what to do and am obviously very frustrated, I'm running Windows 7 Home if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Take a look at this thread where the same issue has been discussed - Can't connect S3 to PC with usb???

Look particularly at this post which links to the Samsung website where you can download the official drivers for the Verizon S3 (you can also access the drivers for other carrier version of the S3 on that site if you're not with Verizon). Many people have had the installation of the drivers from the phone itself fail. Downloading and installing the drivers from the Samsung website seems to have worked for most users.

Since there's already an existing thread on the topic, I'm going to close this one up. Please feel free to continue the conversation and ask any further questions you might have in that thread.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 08-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

Links