DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer apps on GS3

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Printer apps on GS3

I was wondering what printing apps people are using on the GS3.
    I have a network attached HP printer I was hoping to print too from my phone.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Check to see if your printer supports the official HP app(s). If it does then you can just use that. It's what I used on my TF300 for printing (well the EPSON app), and it's great. If that doesn't work give Printer Share a try.
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    PrinterShare Mobile Print is by far the best printing app out there that I've come across. The full version is a little pricey ($12.95), but if you do a lot of printing, it could be worth it. I got the app a year or so ago when the Amazon Appstore had it has their free app of the day (it's definitely one of the best ones they've had). It's worked with every networked printer I've tried it with, even my parents' 15-year-old HP.

I'm sure there are other, less expensive options out there, but I haven't tried any of them since I have PrinterShare for free. I'm sure some other members might be able to point some of those out. Also, I know that several printer companies have their own mobile printing apps that are supposed to work with their printers. Here's HP's printer app, which may or may not work with your printer.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I just tested with Printer Share and it finds my printer and tested fine as well. I will also check out HP's site to see if my printer is supported but I bet its not as its a few years old officejet.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    PrinterShare Mobile Print is by far the best printing app out there that I've come across. The full version is a little pricey ($12.95), but if you do a lot of printing, it could be worth it. I got the app a year or so ago when the Amazon Appstore had it has their free app of the day (it's definitely one of the best ones they've had). It's worked with every networked printer I've tried it with, even my parents' 15-year-old HP.

I'm sure there are other, less expensive options out there, but I haven't tried any of them since I have PrinterShare for free. I'm sure some other members might be able to point some of those out. Also, I know that several printer companies have their own mobile printing apps that are supposed to work with their printers. Here's HP's printer app, which may or may not work with your printer.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Thanks I am going to check their list now.

Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Check to see if your printer supports the official HP app(s). If it does then you can just use that. It's what I used on my TF300 for printing (well the EPSON app), and it's great. If that doesn't work give Printer Share a try.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I cannot use the hp app as it does not support my printer the old iprint app from hp used to work on my motorola droid it's no longer available. Ah well the HP current app only supports printers that are web enabled. The software does not even search the local network.
    Have to get printer share mobile it just works. Worth the money.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    Isn't Printer Share pre-installed and Free??
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8Ya
    I cannot use the hp app as it does not support my printer the old iprint app from hp used to work on my motorola droid it's no longer available. Ah well the HP current app only supports printers that are web enabled. The software does not even search the local network.
    Have to get printer share mobile it just works. Worth the money.
    If you still have your OG Droid you cold just copy the apk file and move it over.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums
  10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsmoove View Post
    Isn't Printer Share pre-installed and Free??
    It wasn't pre-installed on my S3.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I use hp print purchased a all in one printer it's a wireless printer, e printer, and scanner from Wal-Mart for $50
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links