DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with GPS/Navigation

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Incredible
    I got the "like new" (refurbished) phone about a week ago. GPS is better but not as good as my HTC Incredible. The battery seems a lot better
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    My GPS locks started flaking out about a week ago and now I can't get a lock at all. It gives me location based on cell tower, but I cannot lock and navigate. I'm hoping I can find a way to fix this without having to send my phone in. I don't want to get a refurbished phone seeing as my GS3 is only a couple months old.
    Nate
    -------------------------------------------
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere: SCH-I405

Experiencing the same problem - with two identical phones in my hand!

My boyfriend and I have the exact same phones (Samsung Stratosphere). I never used to have a problem (purchased in August) and in the last two months or so it is "Searching for GPS..." for far too long. In fact, I have begun navigation and made it to my destination 35 minutes later, while my phone is still "searching for GPS...".

So, I take my boyfriend's identical phone and begin navigating at the same time as mine. His jumped right into action - it only took seconds to begin in-route guidance, while mine continued to search for GPS the entire ride.
    During this time, I went through our settings to make sure all were the same. Where I had all three GPS locator services enabled, he only had two. So I deactivated my Verizon one, matching his settings. That didn't help.

I'm also having problems with my keyboard. My keys will randomly start following their shortcut functions (and I'm certain I'm not holding down the "search" key). As I type, the "e" takes me to the email screen, and "L" jumps me into my calendar. SO ANNOYING.

From the other posts it sounds like there is just a manufacturing problem with my phone. I'll stop in to a Verizon store... I certainly hope that I will be able to get a product replacement. I need my GPS!! It's the reason I have a smart phone!

I haven't tried a re-set, as I'm unsure what all that will erase.

Maybe someone out there has a fix for me before I attempt a replacement from Verizon. I'm on a family plan, and not being the "head" of the plan, it's impossible to get anything done with my phone in Verizon stores as they won't even let me access the account.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GSIII, Nexus
    I've had the same navigation issues on the Thunderbolt, Charge, Incredible, Nexus and Razr Maxx & the only thing that helped was a replacement meanwhile my Evo 4g on Sprint works fine. One phone will be working fine while the other is still searching for GPS on Verizon.....maybe just my luck :/
    In regards to your keyboard issue does this happen when you are charging it or no?
    Last edited by awd1315; 12-04-2012 at 07:29 PM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere: SCH-I405
    Hm. Well, now that you've got me thinking about it, I believe the last two times I had this problem with the keyboard it in fact was plugged in. Is that the problem? How odd.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Just got this phone today and I'm already having this issue. I'm not happy.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GSIII, Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewton View Post
    Hm. Well, now that you've got me thinking about it, I believe the last two times I had this problem with the keyboard it in fact was plugged in. Is that the problem? How odd.
    Yea on any of my Android devices when they are about at 40% then put them on the charge and attempt to text it's nearly impossible until it's at least 90%+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links