DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Car dock issues

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Car dock issues

I have an issue with an S3 that a family member owns/uses. When they put the phone in the car dock, VZ Navigator auto starts. I have a Razr and did the Settings>Manage Apps>VZ Navigator>Uninstall Updates>Disable. I did this, put the phone in the car dock and VZ Nav started again. I was kind of pissed. So I did the process again and then rebooted phone. Put it in car dock and VZ Nav started up automatically. How do I turn this off? I can't make it go away. Stupid VZW bloatware.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Try going to Settings -> Application manager -> All -> VZ Navigator. Clear the data, cache, and defaults (with defaults being the most important one), then disable the app again if necessary.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Try going to Settings -> Application manager -> All -> VZ Navigator. Clear the data, cache, and defaults (with defaults being the most important one), then disable the app again if necessary.
    BINGO, YAHTZEE, YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help. No more VZ Nav on the S3 or my Razr.
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmoore30 View Post
    BINGO, YAHTZEE, YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help. No more VZ Nav on the S3 or my Razr.
    Glad you got it cleared up. VZ Navigator often gets set as the default for navigation, so clearing that setting will prevent it from automatically launching most of the time. Sometimes, after clearing its defaults, the next time the phone tries to automatically launch navigation, it will ask you which app you want to be the default. You should be able to select Google Navigation (or any other one you want to use), and check the box at the bottom to save it as the default application.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

Links