DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Naked Samsung Galaxy S3

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    LOL good man! :thumbup: Phones these days are way too expensive not to protect them with a 15-20 dollar investment.
    And for some reason the glass on the S3 doesn't seem nearly as durable or impervious to drops the way the previous Galaxy phones were.
    I liked the motorcycle comment. LOL Spot on!
    Enjoy your S3....It's a great device!

tap'n
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    I use the Elago case and LOVE it. I also use an anti-glare screen protector which works great, but does knock the color off a bit from the screen. Probably going to upgrade to an xgear. But I do really love this case. And not just for the protection, but the feel. Solid and not slippery.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

No way!

IMO these phones are way too slippery to use without a case. Go with a minimum protection case if you want to enjoy the beauty of your phone.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I also use the incipio case from the VZW store. I like it a lot. Not too bulky or slippery. Goes in and out if pocket nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir

I dropped my thunderbolt plenty of times with no screen protector and just a basic case. The drops were typically getting out of my car or airplane, so around 3-4 feet. It didn't have a single scratch on the screen when it stopped working. I feel like I have to baby this phone. Even my screen protector is already scratched.
    Not all of us were as lucky as you with the thunderbolt. Lol.

Naked Samsung Galaxy S3-forumrunner_20120914_201603.png

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Incipio was my second was but my first was a rocket fish snap together which looked great but busted open the first time I dropped it. My phone slid across the concrete face down scratching it. It was replaced under warranty for Kent ubiquitous the camera. Otterbox defender in atomic now.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlWonder View Post
    IMO these phones are way too slippery to use without a case. Go with a minimum protection case if you want to enjoy the beauty of your phone.
    This was actually my first complaint about the GS3. I was having so much trouble reading Kindle in bed without it slipping all over the place. It's also so freakin' light and slim. I think it was designed with using a case in mind. There's really no reason not to. Cases can still be stylish, add essential protection/peace of mind, way less "slick," theres dozens to choose from now...I mean, you really can't lose. I just got a light little $10 matte/silicone case and I love it. Might upgrade eventually, but for now this works great.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Had mine two weeks and still no case. I used to have a hard plastic case for my Droid 1 but that thing was a battleship compared to this and I eventually went naked with the D1 - two years of use and to this day there's not even the tiniest mark anywhere on it (I never dropped it, not even once).

The S3 feels so slim and delicate that it would seem to cry out for a case, but then I think of all these complaints of cracked screens, absent any drops, and I think the S3 may be too thin and slender for a tight case that might end up actually adding stress to the frame.
    Tailgun (John)

"Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it."
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had mine 2 months and i never put a case on it. But i also have best buy insurance incase something does happen.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Now don't focus TOO hard on "all" the complaints over cracked screens. And your case theory, though probable, is still completely unproven with no hard evidence. Keep in mind, in that 22 page thread, there's only like 5 or so people that have had it happen (they just posted a lot). Remember when the iphone 4 had its reception issues? The world seriously almost exploded. 20,000,000+ of these phones have been sold, and the only way to hear about this is to dig through 15+ page threads on internet forums. Wish there was a way to track where those phones were made. But if THATS what keeping you from getting a case, well....to each their own.

Personally I think cases MAINLY prevent chipping on corners and the battery cover flying off when dropped. Screen protectors are what will save your screen more likely than cases...
    bsweetness likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links