DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Naked Samsung Galaxy S3

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    This is the first phone i have ever had a case for. I have the S-Line case, and it is pretty minimal. I felt like the naked phone was just a bit to slick for me, and i didn't want to risk it sliding out of my hand or off my desk. If it had a textured battery cover, i would have probably left it naked, but to me it is just too slippery and not worth the risk.
    Plus there have been a higher number of people than typical complaining about short drops and the thing still breaking, drops of less than four feet.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    GS3
    Pssshhhh, I spend 30 bucks on an otterbox case and although it'll survive drops from near all heights, it is super slick and uncomfortable to hold. I never had a case on my X, and dropped it a million times. For some reason though I don't feel that the gs3 will survive the same. I'll probably get rid of the otterbox soon and get a cheap rubberized case. No screen protector either.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Note 3
    No case since day 1. Dropped it twice and its survived. Great phone.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Every forum I have ever been on there was always at least one "Question for the Ages" on this one it is "To case or not to case".

I have never met anyone who got down the road and said "Damn, I wish I hadn't put that darn case on".

On the other hand....... As for the S3, I would whole heartedly say "Yes" to a case. I rock the INSIPIO which unlike my otterbox on my Maxx is very thin and unobtrusive. It is a two part soft/hard case and I am confident will ensure at least a chance of drop susrvival.
    Cell phone drops are like Motor Cycles. Two types, Crashed and Haven't crashed Yet.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    The answer is == always a case. Naked drops are bad---very baaaaad
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I could see a drop onto carpet or maybe a pile of those styro-foam peanuts being survivable but.... real life drops? Driveway getting out of the car or a parking lot. Ceramic tile floor of the office lobby, Bar floor?
    No way.
    Cases are like $14 .....the device is $600, insurance gets you someone elses refurbished cast-off.

Why this is even a debateable issue is beyond me but hey, Nobody is buying me my phones. Maybe that's it.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Mine is mummified, LOL.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    I have a dualtek impact protector...excellent with drops..360 protection..a little bulky but great protection
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSS
    I could see a drop onto carpet or maybe a pile of those styro-foam peanuts being survivable but.... real life drops? Driveway getting out of the car or a parking lot. Ceramic tile floor of the office lobby, Bar floor?
    No way.
    Cases are like $14 .....the device is $600, insurance gets you someone elses refurbished cast-off.

Why this is even a debateable issue is beyond me but hey, Nobody is buying me my phones. Maybe that's it.
    I dropped my thunderbolt plenty of times with no screen protector and just a basic case. The drops were typically getting out of my car or airplane, so around 3-4 feet. It didn't have a single scratch on the screen when it stopped working. I feel like I have to baby this phone. Even my screen protector is already scratched.
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I have an Incipio case with rubber inside and hard shell like a thin otterbox, which works great.
    Just love the feeling of it when I take it out, but I never been brave enough to just let it streak around town.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links