DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with media volume

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr 2.3.5

Help with media volume

Hey I have a stock galaxy 3 and it seems like this happens at least since a day I'll go to play music but no sounds come out. I turn up the media but still nothing. Once this happened and it was because my phone was in silent. But still is there a way to play my music without having to listen to all the touch tones through my headphones. But now it's not in silent mode and still no music volume. Here's a picture to show you what it looks like. Almost like it's in mute

Help with media volume-forumrunner_20120810_105201.png

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr 2.3.5
    Anyone?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    So are any sounds coming out? Ringer? Are you sure that you have the sound on? (notification bar widget.)
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr 2.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiksc00p View Post
    So are any sounds coming out? Ringer? Are you sure that you have the sound on? (notification bar widget.)
    Yes everything else works just not media volume. Also does the sound have to be on to here media? It get annoying listening to all your clicks while your listening to your music and playing on yourr phone
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    When you press the volume keys on the side of the phone the volume screen pops up. On that volume screen there is a setting cog to the right. Press it and check to see that all of your volumes are turned up. You should see three different volume bars.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Go to the main menu settings and under sound make sure "System" volume is not at 0. Just happened to me as well
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr 2.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd32tc View Post
    Go to the main menu settings and under sound make sure "System" volume is not at 0. Just happened to me as well
    Here's another picture guys. See how everything's turned up but there's a line through media volume?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with media volume-screenshot_2012-08-14-22-59-16.png  
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by codyweis View Post
    Here's another picture guys. See how everything's turned up but there's a line through media volume?
    That definitely seems to be the problem. Just looked at mine, and there is no slash through the media volume icon. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can make that happen, but so far, i haven't found anything. I can actually get slashes through every other icon, except that one. I assume you have tried restarting your phone.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr 2.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageboardr View Post
    That definitely seems to be the problem. Just looked at mine, and there is no slash through the media volume icon. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can make that happen, but so far, i haven't found anything. I can actually get slashes through every other icon, except that one. I assume you have tried restarting your phone.

Yes I have. And I've gotten it to go back but it always seems to go back to that. Its really annoying to have to keep restarting.
  11. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codyweis View Post
    Yes I have. And I've gotten it to go back but it always seems to go back to that. Its really annoying to have to keep restarting.
    It's definitely not normal. Like Rageboardr, I haven't been able to do anything to get the media volume to get crossed out. My first guess would be that it's an app that causing it.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links