DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Cool Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks

This thread is an ongoing collection of tips and tricks for the Galaxy S3. If you have any you'd like to share, please post them in this thread (or PM me a link to a post that has a good tip or trick), and I'll update this post accordingly.

Data Connections
    USB
    Photo/Video
    • Can't take a picture while recording video? Make sure that "Anti-Shake" is turned off in the settings (which are accessed by tapping the cog icon in the camera app). If it's turned on, you won't be able to take still shots while recording video. This only applies to the anti-shake option in the settings for recording video (the anti-shake option in the settings for the still camera can be left on). (thanks Rageboardr)
    Miscellaneous
    • Take a screenshot: Simultaneously press and hold down the power and home buttons for about two seconds, or swipe your palm across the screen (enable this method at Settings -> Motion -> Palm swipe to capture)
    • While on one of your homescreens, hold down the capacitive menu button (the one to the left of the home button) for a couple seconds to quickly bring up the Google Search app. (thanks k1ngr4t)
    • Want to change your system font without root? Go to Settings -> Display -> Font Style. There are four pre-installed system fonts. You can also download other compatible fonts from the Play store. The Fontomizer SP(Font for Galaxy) app will provide you with links to a handful of free fonts that can be downloaded outside the Play store.
    • Placing owner information (or a personal message) on the lock screen. (thanks LadyPhoenix)
    • Manage emergency alerts: Messaging -> Menu -> Settings -> Emergency alert. All alerts (except for Presidential Alerts) can be turned off.
    Tutorials
    Last edited by bsweetness; 08-30-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: More tips and tricks added!
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I have to say that Samsung has come a long way. What a device.
    Phoenix59 likes this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I agree Samsung brought it with this phone. I love how powerful and easy to use that it is. I've had it a month now and I keep discovering all sorts of new stuff with it.
    Great info here.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    Tip for taking picture while shooting video. You must turn off anti-shake in order to take pictures at the same time as video. Don't know why, but it is. Took me a while to figure this out so i hope it helps someone else.
    bsweetness likes this.
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageboardr View Post
    Tip for taking picture while shooting video. You must turn off anti-shake in order to take pictures at the same time as video. Don't know why, but it is. Took me a while to figure this out so i hope it helps someone else.
    I'm sure it's something that several people will find useful. Added to the original post.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Nice video..how did he change the font of his menus?
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder560 View Post
    Nice video..how did he change the font of his menus?
    Go to Settings -> Display -> Font Style. There are four different pre-installed fonts. There's also a button there to look for more fonts in the Play Store. As long as the font application is compatible with the S3 (many of them say they're compatible with the Galaxy series), it should install and allow you to choose that font from the Font Style menu. The Fontomizer SP(Font for Galaxy) app will provide you with links to a handful of free fonts that can be downloaded outside the Play store.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 08-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Holding the menu button on one of the main pages brings up a Google/app search bar, very useful if you're coming from a Motorola phone.
    bsweetness likes this.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks

I believe the truth New new samsung presented it with this cell phone. I really like how impressive and simple to use that it is. I've had it per month now and I keep discovering a variety of new factors with it.
    Great idea here. Galaxy S3 is very wonderful mobile.

Buy social bookmarks and directory submissions
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Tips for HDMI?

I bought the certified HDMI out by samsung but my NFL Mobile app, as well as some others deactivate when I plug it in. "error, HDMI out is connected" ... anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links