DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blank SD card notification

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Blank SD card notification

Don't let my username confuse anyone, but I now have a Galaxy S3. The first time I took a picture with the front facing camera, also while connected to WiFi, I've gotten a SD card notification. It says "Blank SD card or has unsupported filesystem." Now, I cannot access my photos. When I click on the icon, it asks "Are you sure you want to format?" I know if I reformat the card I lose everything.

Thank you.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    I am getting the same thing on my Galaxy Tab 7 Plus. I know the SD card is good. It continues to work with the apps/picture/music that is loaded on it so I am confused. Hope someone gives you an answer.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    when you first put the sd card into the phone, did you format it? Not sure if that's the issue, but when I installed my sd card, I just went ahead and formatted it on the phone before I loaded anything on it.

Maybe that will help?

(you will wipe it blank when you format it, so maybe offload the contents onto your computer first, then load then back on after you format)
    what?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I read another similar topic on here. The solution is to back up the SD card onto a pc then format it. Problem for me is I travel. My pc is miles away.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    This is the card out of my old phone. Droid X.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd droid x View Post
    I read another similar topic on here. The solution is to back up the SD card onto a pc then format it. Problem for me is I travel. My pc is miles away.
    You can copy the files to internal storage, format the card and copy them back.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    having the same issue. Just bought the SD card today and all I've done with it is try to transfer music from my PC to my phone. That was giving me problems so I decided to format it to see if maybe that was the problem (it was working with pictures and other things but just transfering files from the pc was the issue). Now all i get is blank SD card or unsupported file system. Formatting the card does no good.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklesAE View Post
    having the same issue. Just bought the SD card today and all I've done with it is try to transfer music from my PC to my phone. That was giving me problems so I decided to format it to see if maybe that was the problem (it was working with pictures and other things but just transfering files from the pc was the issue). Now all i get is blank SD card or unsupported file system. Formatting the card does no good.

Okay.. just resolved the situation for myself... might work for others. I had a G2 before I had my GS3, so I wondered if maybe the GS3 was just being stubborn about this SD card.. I was right. Popped the sd card in my G2, powered it up and at first I was kind of "eh" because it too read the card as blank. But it let me format the card and it mounted it just fine, popped it out put it in my GS3 and it works fine.. So one solution might be, if you have another android device that takes an SD card (don't they all?) try re-formatting it there, worked for me.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylesworth View Post
    You can copy the files to internal storage, format the card and copy them back.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    You can also temporarily set the camera to save photos/videos to internal memory till you get back.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SIII
    I'm getting the same issue. Previously had an EVO and tried to use the SD card and shows up on the EVO blank SD Card .... Help please..BTW I'm new to the forum Thanks for your help
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links