DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: S3 might not be around long.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I've had every Moto device out there. I DROID 1,2,3 X, and razr and razr maxx and all at some point of time would randomly power cycle in middle of texting or applications. If I had a few devices it be different but happen to all mine plus some replacement models. They build a strong device usually great radio but ill stick with a device that stays on and will get bug fixes. It's still a month old phone it blows the razr out of the water.
    skennelly likes this.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousRaven View Post
    I've had every Moto device out there. I DROID 1,2,3 X, and razr and razr maxx and all at some point of time would randomly power cycle in middle of texting or applications. If I had a few devices it be different but happen to all mine plus some replacement models. They build a strong device usually great radio but ill stick with a device that stays on and will get bug fixes. It's still a month old phone it blows the razr out of the water.
    Then your experience with your Motorola devices has been dramatically different than my experience with the Droid, Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid Pro, Droid 3, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZR MAXX. Out of all of those, the only one that gave me any real issues was the Bionic, and those were fixed with updates. All of the rest have been solid. This is particularly true with the Pro and the RAZR MAXX. The MAXX is the most stable smartphone I've ever used, hands down. I had an occasional reboot here and there on my previous Motorola phones (no more than on HTC or Samsung, and certainly not to the degree you're describing), but in my four months with the MAXX, it never rebooted on its own. That's better than the iPhone 4S was for me.

It's strange that one person can have a string of phones from a manufacturer that they see major issues with, while another person can have a string of phones from the same manufacturer and see none of the same issues. Sometimes it's caused by apps, sometimes it's caused by signal problems, and sometimes it's caused by the phones themselves. But that's the nature of the beast. No two people will have the exact same experience with the same device(s).
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Well said.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Moto devices only for me. I'm around 3 Galaxy Nexus's all the time and I always beat them out in signal and call quality. I've had 4 different ones and never had a issue. Its amazing how people deny Motos are the best for signal and build quality, whether a fanboy or not i see so many threads of people saying they have the best signal and build. Must be some truth to that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    Moto devices only for me. I'm around 3 Galaxy Nexus's all the time and I always beat them out in signal and call quality. I've had 4 different ones and never had a issue. Its amazing how people deny Motos are the best for signal and build quality, whether a fanboy or not i see so many threads of people saying they have the best signal and build. Must be some truth to that.

While different people will have different experiences, it's widely known and accepted by most that Motorola devices consistently have the best reception around (along with Nokia). Anyone who claims otherwise hasn't had a lot of experience with different devices, lives in an area with poor reception to begin with, has a defective phone, or is just a Motorola hater. That's not to say that Motorola is perfect - I think the Bionic showed that (at least they fixed it up) - but overall, they can craft radios like no one else. That's because they've been around the longest and have the most experience with it. It's perfectly fine to not like Motorola phones, because each person is entitled to his/her own personal tastes and preferences, but in the industry, Motorola is one of the gold standards for radios, and in turn for reception.

The Galaxy Nexus was a train wreck for me when it came to reception. I thought the Charge and the Stratosphere were poor, but they were nothing compared to the four brand new devices I went through with the Galaxy Nexus. It's a fantastic device, but at least with the LTE/CDMA Verizon version, it's an awful phone. It couldn't maintain any sort of a signal (data or voice) even in the strongest of areas. It was worthless most of the time. Because of my experience with it, along with the poor experience of the Charge and Stratosphere, I was extremely hesitant to even give the S3 a try. Sure it had some nice features, but if I couldn't get a signal like with the Galaxy Nexus, it too would be worthless. I was especially hesitant having been so completely satisfied with the MAXX.

But, I've been quite surprised by the S3 on the reception front. While the Nexus couldn't maintain any sort of a signal, I've not had the S3 drop out on me once. It's reception is definitely weaker than the MAXX or Rezound (especially when it comes to extended and weak LTE areas), but it's far ahead of the Nexus. It was strong enough to convince me that I could make it my daily driver for awhile, and so far, all has been well.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    When it was time for my upgrade I knew I was going to get the RAZR because I'm not a huge app user I figured I would go with the RAZR and not the MAXX. Also at Best Buy the RAZR was on sale for $99. I loved the thinness but the phone would get so incredibly hot. Not just when I was charging it or on the phone but just randomly. Also the battery life was awful. I know people say that getting the MAXX was have cured that but again, I'm not a heavy app user and I could not get through half the day without charging the phone. I did all the things prescribed, downgraded to 3G etc but I still couldn't get past 2-3 pm without searching for a charger. I went back to Best Buy with all intentions of getting the MAXX and the guy at Best Buy talked me into Getting the S3. I was reluctant but I have to say I'm very, very happy with it. I haven't had any reception issues. The only problem is that it does seem to goto 3G a lot more than the RAZR.

The phone is a little big for me because my hands are kind of small but the speed and battery life makes the phone a keeper.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post

I guess that means that Apple makes the best, most reliable phone that "just works". Lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly

I guess that means that Apple makes the best, most reliable phone that "just works". Lol
    Lol no, u just have people that have tunnel vision and can't see past that worthless device but u made a point.

skennelly likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    We played all weekend with the S3. My Charge consistently beat the S3. I do not see the S3 working for us. All you folks convinced us to go Maxx. Going to swap it this week. I will say in a 4g area the S3 really rocks!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I know a lot of folks trash the Charge. Mine has had zero issues. Solid 3g in our marginal area, signal around -100-92. We thought the S3 would be awesome. Oh well. We may look at Incredible 4g but Maxx is prob it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links