DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    have you ever put your phone in your pocket with your keys? I know it's worse then what she was doing... especially if you wear tight jeans... or cargo pants... things bounce around in those cargo pockets like mad.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy s3

Galaxy S3 Sceen Cracked

I just purchased a Galaxy S3 10 days ago and picked it up to use it and lo and behold the screen was cracked ! It was over a weekend so I callled Samsung tech support and they told me I could file a repair claim and it would cost approx 197.00! I went to the Verizon store where purchased and was told I would need to file an insurance claim with 100.0 deductible. I told them no way- I was not filing an insurance claim for a defective phone and possible receive a refurbished one in return. I told them I wanted to return and she called the manager and said they only accept returns in "working condition"

I am livid especially after seeing online all of the issues with these screens. I had Blackberrys for 7 years and my last one for over two years- dropped it numerous times and never cracked and this Samsung cracks on its own in 10 days.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy s3
    No. It is a concern. I purchased my S3 10 days ago and it cracked -they want me to file an insurance claim with 100 deductible to get a refurbished phone due to their low quality glass. It was not dropped either.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid-
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchkym View Post
    No. It is a concern. I purchased my S3 10 days ago and it cracked -they want me to file an insurance claim with 100 deductible to get a refurbished phone due to their low quality glass. It was not dropped either.
    I hate the pentile screen , samsung admitted they went cheap on the screen and software notice alot of stock apps are missing .there trying to be like apple day by day so get use to it thats one reason i switch over to ios.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    No, no, you misunderstand me. I meant doing that motion specifically, not just an asphalt drop test. The physics involved could be drastically different than just holding the phone 5 feet from the ground and dropping it. You never know...
    well if it cracks from 5 feet it can't be any worse from lap height lol... the best torture test was the guy that strapped it to a bomb.. let's just say it didn't survive that either lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    Are you guys using screen protectors or no? And can anyone post pictures of their cracked screens? My screen protector is super scratched up (I don't even know why, I don't put it with keys or anything) already so I don't wanna take it off for fear it'll accelerate my screen cracking. I dropped my Thunderbolt face down often, usually from the car or the airplane and it was a trooper... wish I had faith in the S3 like that.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Angry Cracked Screen Samsung Galaxy S3 - BRAND NEW!

Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir View Post
    Are you guys using screen protectors or no? And can anyone post pictures of their cracked screens? My screen protector is super scratched up (I don't even know why, I don't put it with keys or anything) already so I don't wanna take it off for fear it'll accelerate my screen cracking. I dropped my Thunderbolt face down often, usually from the car or the airplane and it was a trooper... wish I had faith in the S3 like that.
    Mine had the screen protector on installed by the Verizon rep the day I purchased it. I had the phone for 7 hours and it cracked.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Mine had a stealth screen protector and otterbox on it from day one. My crack is small corner to corner and luckily hasn't spread but it un nerves me. I had blackberries for years and my phones stay impeccable. I am overly careful. And this one breaks in under 2 weeks.. No drop and protected by OEM products... Grr.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Liberated Droid 2
    I have the matte black Diztronic tpu case on this puppy with no screen protector. Lots of drops from 2-3 ft. And no cracks. What a great $9 purchase!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman
    they don't try to drop it on it's screen. They always drop it on it's back.Plus like I said who leaves their phone to dry for 4 days? Alot of people use it within the day especially if it is their ONLY phone.
    So you are telling us a phone that is dropped glass "face down" first and the GLASS breaks, that there is something wrong with the glass, for your information glass does break very easily. Gorilla glass is scratch proof, not shatter proof. And that goes fir any fortified glass. Reading most of the comments in here about the glass on their phones breaking by just placing their phone in their pocket, yea right. I dropped my S 3 a few times since day one, not one scratch or glass failure, just dropped it yesterday on my tiled kitchen floor and no issues. People need to realize that Samsung and all manufacturers do many stress tests before devices are put on the market for sale.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 09-11-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Nothing edited. Click of the wrong button.
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Links