DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charge upgrade to S3 or Maxx

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Charge upgrade to S3 or Maxx

Ok folks, need help. I have been reading a lot here. S3 or Maxx? I need a good "radio". I live in a marginal signal area. I have a Charge. Sell me!

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    The linked discussion in the thread you posted over the MAXX forum gives a pretty good overview of the pros and cons between the two devices. Here's another good thread about reception on the S3 (especially versus Motorola devices) here in the S3 forum with several S3 users giving their experience - 4G not as good on S3.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the Charge... I wanted that 4G.....went to the Bionic two months later.... Loved that phone and Motorola.. I bought the lap dock and all... Was a superb phone. beefs with the Charge was I wanted dual core..... Terrible gps.... Locked up on occasion. The have screen was great though and so was camera. Beefs with Bionic... Crappy camera... Screen was so so.... I thought about the RAZR Maxx.... But to similar to Bionic... I both the Galaxy 3 in store on opening day..... I have to say.... Hands down...THE BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!!!! This phone has it all.... Fast as he'll... Dual core... Camera is amazing g... Gps is superb... The IU on this is so amazing.... I can't describe it! I am get the damn Galaxy! I am telling you won't regret it. I have and trust me, and I have always been a Motor fanboy.... Coming from previously DROID 1, DROID X.... then Charge then Bionic..... The Galaxy S3.....now....Its amazing. I have period. Good luck on your choice.... But it's an easy one.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    If signal is important get the razr maxx hands down... I went from the Razr to the S3 and the motorola had a noticeably better 4g radio and better cell reception. The S3 is nice but honestly the most important thing I need my phone to be is a phone..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm trying to decide between those two phones myself.

There are 3 or 4 people in my office that have some variant of the samsung galaxy series. None seem to get very good reception, although none are on Verizon or have a S3.

I had droid razr (thin version) and had awesome reception, wifi gps, blue tooth.

I bought the htc rezound because I fell for the hype of an HD screen.

It's not a bad phone but I'm seriously considering going back to a Droid razor. I actually like it's screen better, it's lower resolution but I prefer oled to slcd.

I've come to realize that HD on a phone is pointless for me, and I can only speculate that it needlessly eats more battery and cpu.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droidx
    Had a maxx and upgraded to the S3...haven't looked back. The S3 blows it out of the water.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    So there you go... Just like you I did not know which one to up-grade to. Both are really nice and and + & - about them. I went with the S3 simply because I like the BIG screen and speed. Also with a jelly case on it feels good in your hand. I hated the old Moto Rasor Flip phone because it was so hard to hold on to. For me too thin is not all that good other then when it is in your pocket! Look at both and get what feels and looks good for you! Both are great phones.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Parzec please tell us more. I find your statement to be a bit outlandish. I have both phones and I use my Maxx more for various reasons. Only way I would drop my Maxx is if the S3 was running vanilla.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Toperm wait 3 more months or four more for the slue of nexus devices! These two phones are great but better ones are around the corner!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Samsung S3
    Just spent last week in very bad service area with some friends. Had to use a Wilson booster to make calls. The Razr Maxx, Charge and my Nexus all had very similar signal level on my 3G Wilson Sleek. The Droid X2 had 10db more signal level on the booster. In great service area the Razr Maxx had a slightly faster speed and signal level than my Nexus.

Wife's new S3 is way beyond my Nexus. The signal level seems to be the same. However, her phone is faster and will hold 4G longer than my Nexus in marginal areas. Tango is clearer on her phone. Her phone also has a battery saver mode that works great. The Razr Maxx is also not capable of NFC. NFC tags are awesome. The S3 chipset is also alot faster than the Razr phones I've played with. The one thing the Maxx has is long battery life. The battery saver mode on the S3 will help close the battery gap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links