DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help with SD Card!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exclamation Help with SD Card!!

So i bought galaxy s3 yesterday and i tried to move some installed apps on the external SD Card with no luck.In the app info there is no "move to sd" button.Also i installed app 2 sd application and i had this message
    "this device not have a real primary external storage or the primary storage is emulated" . Also i installed hot pursuit from blackmart and it wont play its stuck on EA Logo!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    you have to use the stock app My Files. The sd card shows as extSdCard. I not found a way to move apps to or from the sd card.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i think installed apps cant be moved with myfiles
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    You can't move apps to the SD card on the S3. It's not the first Android phone as of late to not support it. If you look at the file structure of the device, the internal storage is called "sdcard" while the actual sdcard is called "extSdCard." That's what the message you saw is referring to - the actual SD card isn't considered to be primary storage by the OS. It's just secondary storage for personal files (music, movies, documents, etc.). Google has been trying to get manufacturers to move away from including a SD card slot altogether, so we'd lucky to have it at all. But as of right now, you can't install apps to it.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

Links