DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: samsung galaxy s3 gorilla glass

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto x, Droid razr and N7 2013
    I put my phone on the backpocket it neither shattered or anything.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S III
    Less than 24 hours after my husband got his Verizon Galaxy S III he dropped it about 12 inches and the screen shattered badly. He was angry and upset as we have had smartphones before and while we avoided dropping them, none of them were this fragile. We took it back to Radio Shack where we bought it and tried to return but they wouldn't take it back or replace it, they suggested contacting Samsung, which we did but Samsung wouldn't fix it under warranty (and the rep on the phone was very rude) but could replace the screen for $170. Other options were to buy the insurance ($6.99/mo +$99 deductible) but the Radio Shack rep said that the insurance company didn't have the replacement in stock and he suggested the Werk's screen replacement service for $99.99. We decided to go with the replacement service but honestly I just think this phone is going to be a nightmare, I really don't understand what users will be able to keep this thing intact- Gorilla glass? more like extra fragile glass (I can't think of a fragile, easily shattered animal lol)
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I agree with you 100%. I treat my phone with kid gloves but I have accidentally dropped mine, afraid to look at the glass and thankfully no harm. I have a gel case which I think might help some but I really do not think a portable device should be that fragile.

Even though you got it through radio shack, if it is with a verizon plan, I would contact verizon and see if they will replace it. Although, so far that has not worked for anyone with the gs3 yet, it is still worth a try. It seems that with it being such a new phone that already has reports of shattered glass that, to me, it is a defect... imho!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid
    I agree with you 100%. I treat my phone with kid gloves but I have accidentally dropped mine, afraid to look at the glass and thankfully no harm. I have a gel case which I think might help some but I really do not think a portable device should be that fragile.

Even though you got it through radio shack, if it is with a verizon plan, I would contact verizon and see if they will replace it. Although, so far that has not worked for anyone with the gs3 yet, it is still worth a try. It seems that with it being such a new phone that already has reports of shattered glass that, to me, it is a defect... imho!

If u drop ur phone and it breaks how is that a defect?? u broke it! It does not matter if it was 5 inches or 5 feet gorilla glass is not indestructible u guys think because it says gorilla glass its some super glass or something its just fortified glass like every other fortified glass company it just has good marketing.. It depends a lot on how the phone is dropped if u drop it on the glass or on a corner it has a way higher chance of breaking my Thunderbolt fell out of my pocket from 6feet on a tile floor and didn't break. I was on a ladder... And my buddy's fell off the couch onto the hardwood floor and his got all mashed up.... If u think u r going to call samsung and tell them u dropped ur phone and the screen shattered u want a new 1 for free they will prolly laugh at u.. samsung don't even fix things when it's actually there fault let alone when u break it... My samsung plasma tv is broke in the basement I was watching the game went upstairs ate dinner came back down and it had a huge crack inside the tv even the repair guy said "well the crack is on the inside of the tv" I live alone have no animals but I sumhow abused the tv according to them ... Don't believe me search Samsung plasma internal crack... And personally I can't wait to get rid of this phone the only reason I bought it was because of the data plans ill never buy or support samsung!
    Last edited by kparks; 07-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I hear what you're saying kparks but I still think that if they are not durable enough to handle a small fall, bump, or flex (and yes, it is hard to know exactly what happened) that they need to change their advertising pitches for gorilla glass. Whether it is true or not, people believe the gorilla glass is shatter resistant... because of how it is advertised.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Rooted 2.2
    Dont sit your fat ass on top of your phone...
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Your response was so fascinating and useful....

Googorola MAXX
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Just read this entire thread.. Going to continue to be very careful with my new S3...it clearly isn't as durable as my old droid x/x2 or Razr..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @RA923
    Phone
    Droid 2 R2-D2
    Now I feel like it's a must to use two hands when operating my phone. Such horror stories. Add to that the excellent level of customer service Verizon is known for.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Mine just broke from the smallest fall I've ever had a phone experience... I laid down on my driveway to look under my car, my 2 week old S3 slid out of my pocket,maybe an inch to the ground while I was on my back, picked it up and the screen was shattered. Unbelievable. Had a case on order, but too late for that now. Want to raise a stink to let Verizon and Samsung know this is obviously an issue. I baby this phone other than this one miss-hap.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links