DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: samsung galaxy s3 gorilla glass

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Oh, I would not be so quick to assume that. I have had verizon replace phones that were past warranty, replace due to damage that I was admittedly responsible for but they felt shouldn't have happened, cracked screen because started as a tiny scratch and grew. I think depending on the circumstance, if you are honest and if they believe the phone should have been able to withstand it, then they may replace it. I always ask them first, am always honest and am quite often surprised what they will do.

I should add that I am never rude, never demanding and always appreciative. It is worth a try. The worst that can happen is they won't cover it and you use your insurance.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I spoke to Verizon and I have to go through insurance. It's asurion and it's a hundred deductible. I don't care so much about that, and I plan on being more careful next time. I'm more concerned with the phone being just released and with them stating that they'll replace with a "comparable device". I hope that that doesn't mean that if they don't have any samsung galaxy s3's on hand they'll send some other comparable android phone instead of purchasing a new one to send, as I understand most times they send refurbished units and with it being so new, I can't imagine there being too many out there yet.

And to the snootie condescending comments that give mention to my remark about my Iphone... I'm not an Iphone fanboy, nor an android fanboy as you seem to be. They are just phones. There are great things that I like that are unique to both of them. Some things I like better on the Iphone, and some things I like better on android. I'm really liking the Samsung despite my little mishap, and the fact that I'm used to longer battery life on the Iphone (though at least I can carry around an extra battery). I'm not here to argue about which is better, and if you are that much of a fanboy that you can't resist the urge to criticize me for owning an Iphone, than you should get a life. This is a forum that's for productive discussion and I posted the first post just to get some insight on how common my problem was, or if anybody else experienced the same and what the outcome was, or any other helpful information. Not to be assailed by some insecure Iphone hating trolls. Get a life.

I appreciate all of the other comments. There are lots of good people on these forums and I'm really getting into them and finding them useful with my new Samsung, and the android DROID forums app is very cool.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    I don't think Asurion has many S3s at all. Have you asked if they have any? If not, and if your phone is still working, I'd probably hold out and keep using it until they get some in. You're not going to want to downgrade to a lesser (or older) device.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Thanks for the update ebrizzle. I believe they will send you a new s3. It doesn't seem they would have any refurbished ones o in stock yet. I do not think you will get a different phone. I believe the only reason they do that is if the phone was discontinued or not available.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    msnider23
    Phone
    Galaxy S III
    When I picked mine up at the Verizon store, they said that one of their displays arrived with cracked glass right out of the box so Gorilla Glass isn't perfect. So just be careful with it.

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    There were a lot of maxx owners that went through the situation described above with asurion ... so I dropped my insurance after it going on for 3 months... that's me though.. I DON'T recommend doing this.
    By this, I mean dropping your insurance
    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    GS3
    I don't get why people think these phones are indestructible. It's a $600 piece of technology that is thinner than your wallet. Yes, they do a lot to make the phones strong and resistant to "damage", but something that thin is not going to be able to withhold your body weight.

I would go to Verizon and just try to pull a sob story. "I just got the phone, and I put it in my back pocket because I was worried I was gonna drop it (I've been waiting on my new case to come in the mail), and then I noticed my back tire looked flat... and then I got in my car and forgot it was in my back pocket, the phone is just so thin!..." Maybe they'll help you out. Do it when they're really busy too, so all their customers see you come in with a cracked screen phone - bad for sales.

Morale of the story... don't sit on your brand new phone.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I went through the file a claim process with Asurion and they eventually said that that phone is on back order and they don't know when they'll have them in. So who knows how long I'll have to wait. On a side note, I tried the sob story approach in the beginning but Verizon was unsympathetic and didn't care. Of course I talked to them over the phone as my order was made over the phone. Maybe had I done everything through the store, it would have been different. I don't think there would be much of a point in re trying through the store after speaking over the phone as I'm sure they made all the notes in the account and I'll just look like a scamming POS. Of course at this point I may try it anyway before the 14 days is up. It can't hurt and if it works I don't care what it looks like, mission accomplished.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    This is me, but I would call Verizon or go to Verizon store and once again, explain the situation. Verizon is more interested in you having a working phone because they potentially lose money if you don't. I would also explain that you are still on your 14 day trial but because of your mishap and inability to get a working phone, you are unable to take advantage of it. Again, it is worth a try and the worst that can happen is that Verizon can't help. And again, be honest, polite, and appreciative. It goes a long way.

Also, many times the cs rep is limited in what they can allow, but if you nicely ask to speak to a supervisor, they actually have the ability to authorize more and will help find the best allowable solution possible.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links