DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Garemlin
  • 1 Post By zacedward

Thread: annoying ads in notification bar

  1. Droid
    MS2SF's Avatar
    Member #
    24990
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    76
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    annoying ads in notification bar

    I don't know how to stop these annoying ads popping up in my notification bar. I don't know what caused them. Any one else having this problem?
    LGB v3.2
    Stock Kernel
    V6_SuperCharge
    LPP
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer Relations
    Garemlin's Avatar
    Member #
    19076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,139
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    #2
    Some apps bring air push ads unfortunately. The best way to get rid of them is identify the offending app and delete it. And the best way to do that is download

    AirPush Detector


    Addons Detector
  4. Droid Newbie
    Mr.a.e.b's Avatar
    Member #
    312863
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    #3
    Hello I also have to deal with it , I tried airpush detector and adaway I also rooted my phone to have access to adaway , both found out 4 applications that I uninstalled immediately I also turned it off from Google play settings but I still have to deal with it ! it is sooooo annoying and if it keeps up I'm switching phones so please don't let this phone be a total waste anyone help me I'm desperate I'm willing to do anything ! Even if u suggested factory restore , I didn't do That yet thinking I might find a solution here please help :-(

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Droid Forums
  5. Developer
    Miller6386's Avatar
    Member #
    230959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Posts
    519
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.a.e.b View Post
    Hello I also have to deal with it , I tried airpush detector and adaway I also rooted my phone to have access to adaway , both found out 4 applications that I uninstalled immediately I also turned it off from Google play settings but I still have to deal with it ! it is sooooo annoying and if it keeps up I'm switching phones so please don't let this phone be a total waste anyone help me I'm desperate I'm willing to do anything ! Even if u suggested factory restore , I didn't do That yet thinking I might find a solution here please help :-(

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Droid Forums
    I know this post is old but...... After you deleted the apps did you go into Recovery and wipe Cache and Dalvik? Some of those apps could have left behind some scrape thats still allowing the messages to show.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Mr.a.e.b's Avatar
    Member #
    312863
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386

    I know this post is old but...... After you deleted the apps did you go into Recovery and wipe Cache and Dalvik? Some of those apps could have left behind some scrape thats still allowing the messages to show.


    I did not make a recovery I insanely deleted all apps and now I choose my apps carefully and the adds stopped I haven't had an add in nearly 2 weeks :-D

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Droid Forums
  7. Master Droid
    zacedward's Avatar
    Member #
    146183
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    423
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    samsung facinate
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386

    I know this post is old but...... After you deleted the apps did you go into Recovery and wipe Cache and Dalvik? Some of those apps could have left behind some scrape thats still allowing the messages to show.
    How do you get into recovery mode thanks
  8. Developer
    Miller6386's Avatar
    Member #
    230959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Posts
    519
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zacedward View Post
    How do you get into recovery mode thanks
    Are you stock or rooted? If you are rooted then most custom roms have the feature in the reboot menu. If it isn't there you will need to do it manually.... Power the phone off, Let it sit for a minute to make sure it is all the way off... Hold the Volume UP/Home/Power buttons all at the same time until Samsung flashes on the screen... This will take you into recovery... IF you are still stock (which I will guess you are) there may not be options to clear cache and data (It's been so long since I have seen stock recovery I can't recall) If you have a custom recovery navigate to the wipe options and clear cache and dalvik cache...
  9. Master Droid
    zacedward's Avatar
    Member #
    146183
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    423
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    samsung facinate
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386

    Are you stock or rooted? If you are rooted then most custom roms have the feature in the reboot menu. If it isn't there you will need to do it manually.... Power the phone off, Let it sit for a minute to make sure it is all the way off... Hold the Volume UP/Home/Power buttons all at the same time until Samsung flashes on the screen... This will take you into recovery... IF you are still stock (which I will guess you are) there may not be options to clear cache and data (It's been so long since I have seen stock recovery I can't recall) If you have a custom recovery navigate to the wipe options and clear cache and dalvik cache...
    I'm stock that worked I can clean cache bit it doesn't say Dalvik cache thanks so much appreciated
    Miller6386 likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Annoying notification won't go away/WI-FI not working
    By DC4MVP in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 06:27 AM
  2. Annoying push and notification issues
    By turboxtofu44 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 02:55 AM
  3. Annoying Ongoing Notification
    By classychick88 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM
  4. OTA Froyo Notification Update Keeps Annoying Me
    By phaze3131 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
  5. annoying notification ring when i plug and unplug phone
    By droidxep in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 ads in notification bar

,

how to block ads on samsung galaxy s3

,
how to block pop ups on samsung galaxy s3
,

how to get rid of ads on galaxy s3

,

how to remove ads on galaxy s3

,
how to remove ads on samsung galaxy s3
,

how to stop ads on samsung galaxy s3

,
remove ads from galaxy s3
,
remove ads samsung galaxy s3
,
samsung galaxy s3 advertisement notifications
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+