DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Charging the Galaxy S III from car charger

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III

Charging the Galaxy S III from car charger

I connect the USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone to the charging car adapter head, and it would not charge my phone, is anyone else experience this problem? is there a difference car adapter in charging the S3?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than united in error; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude.

(Solitary Truth.)
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    If you're referring to the usb port on the car charger, then yes. I haven't tried it with my SGS 3, but it never worked with my DX. I think it is a defective usb port on the charger. It never concerned me since the micro usb charger worked.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    I am referring to USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone, that I plug into a USB port adopter that is plug into the cigarette lighter, I am not having any luck, in charging my phone in my car using my USB port adopter, and I dont want to buy an additional car charger.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than united in error; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude.

(Solitary Truth.)
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIOD Cauly View Post
    I am referring to USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone, that I plug into a USB port adopter that is plug into the cigarette lighter, I am not having any luck, in charging my phone in my car using my USB port adopter, and I dont want to buy an additional car charger.
    It could be that the USB adapter you're using in your car isn't providing the amperage required to charge the S3.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Here is the one I use in my car, works great and is cheap and not some cheap no name brand:
    Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    It could be that the USB adapter you're using in your car isn't providing the amperage required to charge the S3.
    I use it with my Droid X2 and of a few days ago I used it with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, before moving over to this Samsung Galaxy SIII, it works perfectly well with these other phones, why it don't works with the Samsung Galaxy SIII, I dont know.

(Solitary Truth.)
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SGSIII
    The answer is right in your picture - I am in the same boat with trying to better understand amperage requirements in these new phones (I have a Galaxy SIII and my wife has the iPhone 5) but one thing I can tell you is that if my 1.2A USB car charger won't work, then your USB car charger that says it is only outputting 700 milliamps DEFINITELY won't work...

Links