DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: best buy insurance

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid bionic

best buy insurance

I Got galaxy S3 3 days ago yesterday I accidentally dropped it a foot off the ground it just kind beat one side of the phone up still works good just scratched it up and took a couple little chunks of it so what do I do to get it replaced today I got it at bestbuy and got the insurance they said they will have to send it in and it will take a week to get it back so what should I do

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Won't help this situation, but cancel BBY and get Asurion. Next day instead of next week
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    ??? why cancel? Thats what BBY "Geek Squas Protection" is for. ADH == Accidental Damage from Handling. $0 Deductible and you pay for the plan outright. With some items, if you use the protection on a device you are even able to have a prorated amount returned to you. Ask you local Best Buy if you have any questions about what you bought or how you should handle your situation.
    I scream! You scream! We all scream for ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2,TBolt, Charge, Bionic, GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by 561427 View Post
    ??? why cancel? Thats what BBY "Geek Squas Protection" is for. ADH == Accidental Damage from Handling. $0 Deductible and you pay for the plan outright. With some items, if you use the protection on a device you are even able to have a prorated amount returned to you. Ask you local Best Buy if you have any questions about what you bought or how you should handle your situation.
    i used to work for geek squad. best cell phone insurance there is. whatever happens to it... pretty much no questions asked... they will replace it. sure it take about 3 business days but with assurion you pay $10-$15 a month plus a hundred dollar deductible EVERY time you need the phone replaced.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Time to buy a good case..if you dropped it in the first days of owning it when your usually more careful.. why bother getting cosmetic damage fixed... the screen isn't broken.. just use it til you break the screen then get it replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by 561427 View Post
    Why cancel... cause BBY takes your phone away, and then takes a week to get your phone back to you. Who in this day an age can be incommunicado for that long? Assurion is next day, and if you have any functionality at all, you still have use of your phone while your are waiting. I never understood why BBY took so long, but I always thought it was Geek Squad. Geek Squas explains a lot. I guess it's the whole smoke signal thing
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Doesn't BB also give you a phone to use while yours is being repaired?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Wow, a week that kind of sucks. Would not work for me; my cell is the only phone I have (other than Onstar in my vehicle).

Has anyone ever checked with your bank's visa card? I have replacement insurance (includes theft, damage, BUT NOT lost.) via my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card. The will cover up to $600.00 to replace the phone so long as I pay my Verizon bill with the credit card.

"Protection is subject to a $25 deductible and maximum benefit limit of $600 per
    occurrence. Protection covers cellular telephones billed to your Wells Fargo Credit Card, subject to a maximum of two claims,
    per twelve month period, per Wells Fargo Credit Card
    account number. Protection covers cellular telephones that are stolen or
    damaged; protection does not cover cellular telephones that are lost."
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8

Droid Razr Maxx HD

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid bionic
    I just and up getting a good case I'll just wait a little bit prob in a couple weeks I'll take it in just kinda sucks to wait a week to get it back but there giveing me a brand new phone so I guess it's not that big of a deal
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    If you go through asurion im pretty sure its a refurb.....maybe new since its brand new. Trust me when i say YOU DO NOT WANT A REFURB FROM asurion lol, 2 years of headache.

Googorola MAXX

Links