DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SGIII issues

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Here is a few things I found that are taking away from the phone, after watching a movie "on HBO GO" for a while "this does not happen on my Rezound" the screen starts doing the flare effect "sparkles all over the screen", the screens max brightness is also a joke, and I can't seem to be able to find the color "warm, cold, movie , standard" adjustments like I have seen on some of the videos, or is that only in the European version, same goes fro the game hub, again nada. From someone coming from the Rezound this is disappointing. Love the keyboard though, and the battery is also pretty good, considering I have it at max brightness. Plus the widgets are no we where near what HTC offers.
    You are freaking me out man. I too am coming from a Rezound. Spectacular phone in every aspect. So is this phone not as bright as the Rezound? I thought SuperAmoled stuff was super bright. How is the speaker? Is it as loud or louder than the Rezound?
    I knew i was going to miss the Sense Widgets. I already plan to put either golauncher, or Nova on it. I hear nothing good about TouchWiz.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageboardr

You are freaking me out man. I too am coming from a Rezound. Spectacular phone in every aspect. So is this phone not as bright as the Rezound? I thought SuperAmoled stuff was super bright. How is the speaker? Is it as loud or louder than the Rezound?
    I knew i was going to miss the Sense Widgets. I already plan to put either golauncher, or Nova on it. I hear nothing good about TouchWiz.
    TouchWiz is good, no complaints, keyboard is much smoother on this than HTC, but the brightness is not in the same ballpark as in my Rezound, also when you hold them next to each other you can see the whites on the Rezound are WHITE, on amoled it's more of a dirty white, same as my previous HTC Incredible, which my nephew now uses, and really likes it, that phone is 3 years old and still kicks ass. Now that's the only downside of the S3 is the screen, besides that the phone flies, web browser is fast, but you constantly have to set the brightness in the browser once you open it if it has been closed to long, the auto brightness settings in the phone should not even exist, it is a joke. The S3 is super smooth and flies through anything, screen is very smooth and this new thin Gorilla Glass 2 is very responsive "got a clarivue screen protector but have not installed it yet", phone is very light and battery is great for such a big screen phone with LTE, puts the HTC phones to shame in the battery department, I think Sense on HTC is a real battery hog.
    Last edited by cybertec69; 07-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    see even pics taken wouldnt send all the time. its so spotty its going to be hard to figure out wtf is up. You would have figured all the kinks were worked out before a release FINALLY since this thing has been sold worldwide
    So I just rebooted my S3, and now I am able to attach pictures through the stock messaging app. I'm surprised that's all it took. Have you tried just rebooting the phone? If that doesn't fix it, you can always try downloading Handcent, as I was able to attach the pictures using that app. Hope you figure out the problem.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII / Stock
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by drpaul07 View Post
    So I just rebooted my S3, and now I am able to attach pictures through the stock messaging app. I'm surprised that's all it took. Have you tried just rebooting the phone? If that doesn't fix it, you can always try downloading Handcent, as I was able to attach the pictures using that app. Hope you figure out the problem.
    thats what got it halfway working
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Some of my friends with S3's still can't send or receive picture messages :/ Anyone figure out what the deal is?
    Samsung Galaxy SIII / Stock
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    nope
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Powering the phone completely off and turning it back on did the trick for me. BUT the annoying thing is - it'll work for a period of time, then it starts acting up again and I have to restart it (yet again) for it to work.

I really hope Samsung sends out a software update that will fix all these different bugs - ESPECIALLY the battery life
    Last edited by tina_b0_bina; 07-12-2012 at 11:57 PM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by tina_b0_bina View Post
    Powering the phone completely off and turning it back on did the trick for me. BUT the annoying thing is - it'll work for a period of time, then it starts acting up again and I have to restart it (yet again) for it to work.

I really hope Samsung sends out a software update that will fix all these different bugs - ESPECIALLY the battery life
    Thats a 4G thing...except the RAZR MAXX
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by tina_b0_bina

No bugs here, and battery is fantastic.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    No bugs here, and battery is fantastic.
    GRRRRR! why you gotta go an ruin it lol!
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links