DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused by the Music Player app

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    jakeMoritz
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Confused by the Music Player app

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to go back to the Library list in the Music Player app. When I'm playing music I can press the bottom right button to go back to a song list of the artist I'm listening to but I can't back up any further into my library. The only way I know how to go back to my Library is to press the menu button, End (kills the app), and re-open it to the library. Is there any way to get back to the library easier?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    GS3
    i think you hit the icon on the bottom right of the player
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    jakeMoritz
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    That button only goes to the song list of the artist you're listening to
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I'm having the same issue with the music player. If you hit the music squares button you can get back to the library but that button isn't available if you turn off music squares, There's gotta be an easier way
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Same issue here, if there is no way to go back to the library that is a huge omission. Well at least there is no shortage of music players in the Play store.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Agree

I was struggling with the same thing... kind of dont believe the design would be so half assed. The only way i can get back to the library is via Music Squares button (ridiculous and useless addition), and once Music Squares is turned off the button disappears completely. Wish they'd fix with an update already.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Maybe I'm missing something but that top row slides, I can choose songs, artists, play list, I think I can get to any part of my library without ever hitting music squares. If I don't understand the problem, sorry for the useless post.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by JRParsons View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but that top row slides, I can choose songs, artists, play list, I think I can get to any part of my library without ever hitting music squares. If I don't understand the problem, sorry for the useless post.
    Start playing a song. While you are in that screen, the problem has been getting back to your library. The only way I've been able to find is to hit the music squares button (like everyone else) and then you can scroll the top row to select album, artist, etc. Seems counter intuitive.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylesworth

Start playing a song. While you are in that screen, the problem has been getting back to your library. The only way I've been able to find is to hit the music squares button (like everyone else) and then you can scroll the top row to select album, artist, etc. Seems counter intuitive.
    I'm sorry, I've since tried to duplicate the problem, and I agree, I can't find a way back to the library from the song screen. Apparently, I had been playing only from the playlist screen.
    So far I've replaced the browser, the email app, and the keyboard. May be looking for a good music player also.
    I'm surprised Samsung released with such buggy software. Otherwise I love the phone.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Verizon

Cool Simple Solution

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocketing View Post
    Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to go back to the Library list in the Music Player app. When I'm playing music I can press the bottom right button to go back to a song list of the artist I'm listening to but I can't back up any further into my library. The only way I know how to go back to my Library is to press the menu button, End (kills the app), and re-open it to the library. Is there any way to get back to the library easier?
    COME ON!!! ALL OF YOU!!! HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T TRIED YOUR PHONE'S BACK BUTTON.
    when you are in the "Now Playing" screen just simply press your phone's back button (next to the physical home button on the right, if you don't know where it is!!!) that will take you to the main "Music Menu" / "Library" page.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links