DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Galaxy S3 moving Apps to external SD card Issue.....

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III

GL to SD- doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by chuymty69 View Post
    Must have *ROOT
    Download from app store ( GL to SD )
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    In order to move some apps from the Root to external SD- have downloaded the GL to SD. While trying to open it ..I received following note:
    Your device does not have root privelege. !!
    What does it suppose to mean ?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most reps won't know which phones you can and can't install apps to the SD card with, unless they've owned the phone and have tried to do it.
    I ran into the same issues when I just bought my Galaxy S3. I assumed that an additoinal SD card would solve my issues without rooting. I bought the 64Gig sd card and feel without rooting I just wasted my money as I will never use that much. May end up just swapping out a smaller card and use the 64 on another device (camera, camcorder etc. that can use the larger card). And I spoke to Samsung and Verizon about getting the 64gig card as opposed to the 32 gig and not once did they say there would be any kind of restrictions. Since I am brand new to smartphones they got me this time.....
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy s3

Exclamation GL to SD

Quote Originally Posted by ilanys View Post
    In order to move some apps from the Root to external SD- have downloaded the GL to SD. While trying to open it ..I received following note:
    Your device does not have root privelege. !!
    What does it suppose to mean ?
    It means you need to root your phone, of course you will void your warranty. Root access means having full access to restricted features within your device. There are multiple videos on youtube that show you how to do it but be careful, you could brick your phone if an error is made during the process.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by chuymty69 View Post
    It means you need to root your phone, of course you will void your warranty. Root access means having full access to restricted features within your device. There are multiple videos on youtube that show you how to do it but be careful, you could brick your phone if an error is made during the process.
    But just to be clear you can unroot the phone as well. So it only voids your warranty while you're rooted. You can go back and it won't be a problem.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I've noticed some weird things with my sd card since buying my s3, maybe someone else has noticed these problems. First thing is that with astro, it labels the internal memory as "sd" and the micro sd card (64gb) as "ext-sd". I never really thought anything of it, although dont remember this on my droid x.
    Now I got jelly bean (verizon, so not the official) and i finally rooted and did a backup with titanium which saved the backup onto my phone and I ran out of memory. I used titanium and moved all possible apps to the sd card and I gained 0 free space even though it showed that they were moved to the sd card. I solved it myself by moving a bunch of things manually.

Anyone have this happen to them? I do remember changing the camera save destination directory to the sd card, and that worked correctly.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Did you try using another file browser?? New Astro kinda sucks...

Also I know most of the JB leaks are good but not great and still need some tweaking...
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SG S3

Root

Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Does everyone know that you can NOT move your downloaded Apps from the Google Play store to your external SD card on the SG3, the only thing that can go on your external SD Card is files you download from any source "but the Google Play store", so for those that like to download lots of games and need more that 11 Gigs of space that will be available on the 16 gig SG3 model "the OS and some of the preloaded files take about 5 gigs" you have no option of moving them to the external SD card.
    For me on the 16GB version of the SG3 there will be 11 Gigs left for Apps and anything else, that is more than enough "for me", as I see that has caused a big uproar all over the web in regards to this issue, I say keep the Apps that you use MOST in your MY Apps Installed folder in the Google Play market, and the ones you hardly use in your ALL folder in the App market. That would be the only solution I would have for this issue till Samsung resolves this problem.
    I heard that you can do that if you root your phone. The only big problem is that the warranty is void if you root your phone!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge

Saving to sd card

I have a Samsung Charge running ICS and I can move apps to the external sd card. I also have the 32 gb S3 with an external 32 GB card. I have 3 gb free internally, and nothing but photos in the external. I hope this is something Samsung and Google will change and fix.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Wow you have 29gb worth of apps on your internal SD card??? That's gotta be like 500+ apps, including games! Do you really use all of them??
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Wow you have 29gb worth of apps on your internal SD card??? That's gotta be like 500+ apps, including games! Do you really use all of them??
    Gameloft and EA games can run 1 to 2 GB easily. Movies are 1GB and HD Movies are 4 to 6 GB. Easy way to take up space

Sent from my SGS3 using Droid Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links