DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S3 with 32gb just a 16gb with 16gb card?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

S3 with 32gb just a 16gb with 16gb card?

Buddy just got back from a tmobile store and is showing me his 16gb S3. The guy at the tmobile store told him that all a 32gb s3 is, is a 16gb with a 16gb card included to make it a total of 32gb.

Can anyone with a 32gb s3 confirm or stump this? I'll be pissed if I paid 50 bucks for a 16gb micro sd card
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    He bought a 16gb version. The 32gb s3 has the potential to have 96gb with a 64gb card. If you add in the drop box account, you actually have 146gb. (I know vw is not giving the drop box account, but I believe tmobile is.)
    Some of the confusion may be that tmobile is charging more for both versions, so he may have paid for what he thought was a 32gb version, because the price was higher than he's seen elsewhere.
    Engadet just reviewed the tmobile version, and laid out the memory options nicely.
    Beka27 likes this.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JRParsons
    He bought a 16gb version. The 32gb s3 has the potential to have 96gb with a 64gb card. If you add in the drop box account, you actually have 146gb. (I know vw is not giving the drop box account, but I believe tmobile is.)
    Some of the confusion may be that tmobile is charging more for both versions, so he may have paid for what he thought was a 32gb version, because the price was higher than he's seen elsewhere.
    Engadet just reviewed the tmobile version, and laid out the memory options nicely.
    No hes not confused.

Like I said can someone that actually OWNS A 32GB please confirm it has 32gb with no sd card.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by justdhutch View Post
    No hes not confused.

Like I said can someone that actually OWNS A 32GB please confirm it has 32gb with no sd card.
    I don't own one but the previous poster is right. There's is a 32 GB and a 16 GB . The T-mobile rep was wrong. If it was a 32 GB, then it would not have come with an external SD card. Your friend bought a 16 GB S3 along with a 16 GB SD card. T-mobile is also charging a lot more than any other carrier for those phones.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    Beka27 likes this.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by justdhutch

No hes not confused.

I'm glad he's not confused, and don't yell at me. I know how to read a news article. You asked a question and I answered it correctly because I wanted to help.
    Beka27 likes this.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JRParsons

I'm glad he's not confused, and don't yell at me. I know how to read a news article. You asked a question and I answered it correctly because I wanted to help.
    I asked an article and pointed out the fact that I was asking people who ACTUALLY OWN A SGS3 32GB phone. I wasn't yelling. If I was there would have probably been a bunch of !!!!!...Now since nobody with a 32gb has replied, we shall move on. Anyone with a 32gb care to chime in? I'm hoping for at least 3 people so I know it's not a troll.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Since this board is designed primarily for Verizon phones, I haven't seen anyone here who has their phone already. You may want to take your question (minus the snarky attitude) to the S3forums website. That site has members internationally who currently have their phones in hand.

And just a general recommendation, being rude to people who are trying to help you on a public forum won't get you anywhere fast.
    JRParsons, Jmoore1701 and TeeX like this.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    And fyi, this website wasn't established just to troll people. It was meant to help, and you have received that help. But, if you refuse to listen, that's your prerogative, not mine or ours.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    I have verizon so my 32 gig SGS3 will be in next week. But my brother has one though sprint I called him today like I do every Sunday and he told me that his has 32 gigs of internal storage and I think he said he bought a 64 gig SD card. I know i am not the one that has the phone so take it for what it is worth believe me or not I does not matter to me.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmecarter
    I have verizon so my 32 gig SGS3 will be in next week. But my brother has one though sprint I called him today like I do every Sunday and he told me that his has 32 gigs of internal storage and I think he said he bought a 64 gig SD card. I know i am not the one that has the phone so take it for what it is worth believe me or not I does not matter to me.
    Thank you. That is something to go by rather then speculation. I didn't think it was a 16gb with a 16gb sd card, but wanted to make sure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links