DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What size are you getting, 16 GB or 32 GB...and why?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Droid X --> SGS3 --> Note II

Question What size are you getting, 16 GB or 32 GB...and why?

I'm still on the fence as to which SGS3 to get.
    Right now I have a Droid X with 8 GB internal and 16 GB card...this has been plenty for me for over a year. I have about 90 apps, including what was already installed, and I use maybe 20 or so regularly. I have maybe 80 songs on there, not likely to expand beyond that a whole lot--even if I did, I would not have thousands of songs. I would likely take lots of photos, and shoot a few videos, but I'd offload them to my PC on a regular basis. I would use the SGS3 to stream videos and movies, but never to save them on the machine.
    So...I don't NEED 32 GB internal...but part of me keeps asking, but WHAT IF...?
    I'm undecided: I'd hate to pay $50 extra for the extra 16 GB internal...but I'd also hate to look back in a year or so and say, "I should have gotten the extra internal memory, it was only $50, what was I thinking?"
    I know: for less than $50, I can easily find a 32 GB internal card, and have 48 GB, which I would NEVER fill up.
    Still, that little voice is nagging me...nagging...nagging...

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    --Thomas A. Edison
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Definitely getting the 16gb. I'm going to move my 16gb sd into the phone and be quite happy with 32gb total. If in the future I ever needed more storage, I can get a bigger card for less than the $50 that the extra 16gb would cost me. (I also have a 160gb ipod classic that serves my music needs...) In our case, we need to get two S3s, so $400 versus $500 (not counting upgrade fees and tax) is a pretty big savings since we both already have 16 sd cards. On Droid Life they did a poll and last I checked everyone was pretty much 50/50 on which version they were getting.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Also, kudos to Samsung for not only offering the option, but also having an sd slot! If they had 16 or 32 with no slot, I'd be getting the 32.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    I got the 32 since the this will be my last phone at a cheaper price. The 32 gig will sell for more when ever I decide to sell it to get the next great phone that comes out
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got the 16gb and will just use the 32gb sd i got with my Thunderbolt
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible HTC
    i preordered the 16gb pebble blue. 32gb seemed unnecessary for my personal needs. plus, the fact that you can add memory with the SD slot is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmecarter View Post
    I got the 32 since the this will be my last phone at a cheaper price. The 32 gig will sell for more when ever I decide to sell it to get the next great phone that comes out
    i never thought about resale value...that's actually a pretty smart move. Although, i've actually never had the urge to sell my phones after i replace them. i just keep them in a little box. There's something about having all my old phones that i love. I think it's being able to see and hold an evolution of how the technology has affected my life. hahah or maybe i'm just a weirdo.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by thechung
    i preordered the 16gb pebble blue. 32gb seemed unnecessary for my personal needs. plus, the fact that you can add memory with the SD slot is amazing.

i never thought about resale value...that's actually a pretty smart move. Although, i've actually never had the urge to sell my phones after i replace them. i just keep them in a little box. There's something about having all my old phones that i love. I think it's being able to see and hold an evolution of how the technology has affected my life. hahah or maybe i'm just a weirdo.
    The resale will be the same the out right price is the same 50$ more just like the contract price.... I got the 16gb in blue and will use my 32gb that came with my bolt also
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    [QUOTE="kparks"]

The resale will be the same the out right price is the same 50$ more just like the contract price.... I got the 16gb in blue and will use my 32gb that came with my bolt

Why will the resale value be the same.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    [QUOTE="kparks"]

The resale will be the same the out right price is the same 50$ more just like the contract price.... I got the 16gb in blue and will use my 32gb that came with my bolt

And thank you for telling us that the 32 gig cost 50$ more than the 16 gig. we didn't know that considering that we ordered a SGS3 just like you.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Well the new prices are like 600 and 650. The sub prices are 200 and 250. So why would the resale be higher??? it will be roughly 50$ more but ur paying that when u get the phone and depending on supply and demand u could make more money on the cheaper model depending on what is the more popular model..
    Beka27 likes this.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links