DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any extended battery reviews?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Any extended battery reviews?

Quite a few users over on Phandroid love the 4000+ mah batteries found on Amazon for $15-25 .. I see Seidio is releasing theirs soon for $70 range. All claim to keep NFC. With all that said does anyone have any experience with these items or anything related ?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I used qcell one for a week and battery life literally doubled. I used it with my gps with Max brightness from NY to VA last weekend which takes about 8 hours and my phone survived throughout the trip. But I didn't like How thick it becomes so chose to go back to regular one and use the extended one for a long trip or something.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung GS3
    OG Droid
    Liquid 1.9
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    And I got mine for $25.

OG Droid
    Liquid 1.9
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thats what I like to hear, I was just weary about a 20-25 dollar battery when Seidio charges triple that for their's... How was the quality of the unit, back plate an all?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Overall its good. Actually it becomes even more comfortable in your hand Because it becomes thicker. Back plate comes With dark Blue and white both so You can choose.

OG Droid
    Liquid 1.9
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by kimsj756 View Post
    Overall its good. Actually it becomes even more comfortable in your hand Because it becomes thicker. Back plate comes With dark Blue and white both so You can choose.

Do you know of any cases that will fit? ie: Trident Aegis, Otterbox or the like? Really thinking of getting an extended battery, but only if the phone will fit in a case. I'm clumsy! Lol.
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No.Division View Post
    Do you know of any cases that will fit? ie: Trident Aegis, Otterbox or the like? Really thinking of getting an extended battery, but only if the phone will fit in a case. I'm clumsy! Lol.
    The third-party extended batteries make the S3 far too thick for any of the standard cases out there. The only case that I'm aware of that will fit the S3 with one of the large extended batteries is this one made by Hyperion. The description says it should work with the extended battery and cover from nearly all of the third-party battery manufacturers.
    No.Division likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    The third-party extended batteries make the S3 far too thick for any of the standard cases out there. The only case that I'm aware of that will fit the S3 with one of the large extended batteries is this one made by Hyperion. The description says it should work with the extended battery and cover from nearly all of the third-party battery manufacturers.
    Thanks for the quick reply. While I'm not too fond of TPU caes, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy it... as I'm also not fond of horrible battery life. Haha!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Battery HoneyComb TPU Case Black (Hyperion Retail Packaging) **Compatible with ALL Hyperion, Qcell, Onite, Anker, and most Generic Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Models**: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is what I got. Honestly, it fits perfectly in size, but there's a problem. Volume button and lock button parts are covered and it's kinda hard to press it. Thankfully, my mother in law, who got a pink one, cut those parts with scissors and it worked just fine for me. Hope this helps.
    OG Droid
    Liquid 1.9
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Very helpful! Thank you. Now to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. Thanks again guys!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links