DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: good case galaxy s3

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    How do these cases get so many reviews?

Do they email you? Ask for feedback?

The norm is to get something you like and not review it but there are some cases on here like Diztronic (plain tpu) that have 400 reviews.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Re: good case galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    How do these cases get so many reviews?

Do they email you? Ask for feedback?

The norm is to get something you like and not review it but there are some cases on here like Diztronic (plain tpu) that have 400 reviews.
    There's always the chance that some reviews are fake, but with the Diztronic cases, the large number of positive reviews is completely earned. When you combine a quality product, a history of positive reviews for the company's products, a low price, and shipping from Amazon (which is free for Prime members and free for everyone with an order over $25), people will let others know that they're satisfied with the product.

As I've said many times before, I've always disliked TPU cases, but I love the matte TPU cases put out by Diztronic. Minimal size with good protection along with great, non-TPU feel in hand. I've tried almost all of the various types and brands of cases over the years, and for me, there's not a better everyday case out there.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I bought a black Diztronic for my father when I was first researching cases and he loves it. Cruzerlite has equally as good TPU cases but they all have patterns on them. (some very cool).

I decided not to compete in that space since there were two people in it who make great cases (and I know them both).

So I do the minimal case (the Thin Grip) and the maximum case (the Ultra). The Ultra weighs the same as the TPU cases but gives way more protection since we cover it with high grade polycarbonate. Of course it's more expensive.

If anyone wants to try mine you can use the code Olympics to get 20% off.

DBA Cases - Phone Cases l Screen Protectors & Mobile Accessories

We also have the best screen protectors you can get.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S III
    Just placed my order for the Ultra case and a Just like glass screen protector. Looking forward to them!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s3
    been looking for a case and I'm going to give the DBA ultra with a glass screen protector a shot...

Questions

1. plans to make more tpu or pc colors? I'd really like a tan or possibly brown. Shame I've missed out on the brown gs3
    2. plans for any clips for the ultra to go into? One thing that benefits me is a clip but you just don't see them that often in case offerings these days
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The DBA Ultra with the Just Like Glass screen protector works perfectly. They fit together and give maximum protection in the thinnest case possible.

I've been talking about making more colors but we need to ramp up sales of the existing colors before we order new ones. I've had requests for Yellow TPU and Brown would look nice also.

No plans for clips. The Ultra is meant to be sleek and protective and clips get in the way.

We've been selling a TON of the S3 Just Like Glass screen protectors.

You can get them here - https://www.dbacases.com/index.aspx

Or here - Amazon.com: DBA CASES: Cell Phones & Accessories

I always appreciate good review on Amazon.

You can get 20% off using the code "Olympics".

Quote Originally Posted by BGavnG View Post
    been looking for a case and I'm going to give the DBA ultra with a glass screen protector a shot...

Questions

1. plans to make more tpu or pc colors? I'd really like a tan or possibly brown. Shame I've missed out on the brown gs3
    2. plans for any clips for the ultra to go into? One thing that benefits me is a clip but you just don't see them that often in case offerings these days
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s3
    Ordered black on black for now along with a just like glass protector. I'll gladly leave a review of my thoughts of the case. Good, or bad.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    The DBA Ultra with the Just Like Glass screen protector works perfectly. They fit together and give maximum protection in the thinnest case possible.

I've been talking about making more colors but we need to ramp up sales of the existing colors before we order new ones. I've had requests for Yellow TPU and Brown would look nice also.

No plans for clips. The Ultra is meant to be sleek and protective and clips get in the way.

We've been selling a TON of the S3 Just Like Glass screen protectors.

You can get them here - https://www.dbacases.com/index.aspx

Or here - Amazon.com: DBA CASES: Cell Phones & Accessories

I always appreciate good review on Amazon.

You can get 20% off using the code "Olympics".
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BGavnG View Post
    Ordered black on black for now along with a just like glass protector. I'll gladly leave a review of my thoughts of the case. Good, or bad.

thanks.
    Great - we've sold alot of the Ultra's no bad reviews at all. I assume you used Amazon?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

SEIDIO OBEX my first impressions.

Okay...let me do a quick review of my Seidio OBEX case. I just got it today. I read the directions and did the WATER PROOF test! It did not leak at all.
    First off the case IS NOT beautiful to look at. It's BLACK and it's WIDE, but it isn't all that thick (about like a deck of cards maybe).

Second, this case is VERY WELL constructed. They advertise it's rugged build and you'll see right off it's designed for what might happen, not what you want to happen to your phone, but I would say that
    this case will take whatever you throw at it.

Third, you won't be taking this case on and off, so you'll have to deside "do I want to use this just when I go to the pool or beach, or do I want this on my phone 24/7." You can get it in and out, but it's a pain and you'll want to keep that water proof bearer and not take the chance of braking or pinching the O ring that goes around it.

Fouth, ALL ports are available, but they are sealed (to keep water OUT) so you have to pull them back to access these ports. For some a hassel for me it what I would expect to a truely water proof case.
    The screen is very clear and works great!

I was using the PureGear PX260. That case is wide, but not very thick. It offered NO protection of the screen. I liked that case, but I needed something that will hold up to the elements because my job
    requires me to be in and out of the weather.
    I think the OBEX is thiner than the OtterBox Defender, but the OtterBox offers lots of colors to choose from, if that's what you are into. This case will slide and out of larger pockets and the OtterBox Defender does not make that very easy.

Fifth, the GS3 is a big phone! I have no issue with the size of this case.

Sixth, I'll leave it to the guys who like to abuse things to do the "drop test" and all the other abuse this case is designed to stand up to.

I expect to get a lot of great use out of this case, I think the case will last longer than the phone. You know how we are we always want to move up every 2-3 years.
    It was a long wait to see this case released for sell, but you can tell SEIDIO did their homework. If you don't have to have beauty and want something that will protect your "do everything phone"...YOU
    NEED TO GET THE "SEIDIO OBEX". I think you'll like it.
    I'll probabaly spring for the holster when it's available. I hope SEIDIO will give me a deal do to the fact that I was one of the first to buy and write about their GREAT product!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Great writeup. I also began using my Seidio Obex today.

I agree, nothing fancy looking, but the design and build is solid.

Hard plastic exterior with a slight textured finish. Just enough grip to hold and still slip in and out of your pocket with ease.

I find it was very easy to open, install and close. I agree that this should not be taken off and put on with any frequency as I can see the o-ring being damaged accidentally by doing so. The instructions state this as well, so no whining allowed if this happens to you

It does add some bulk to the device, but this is a thin phone to begin with. This can easily be a daily case without issue, I wear slacks all day at work and this will carry well in my front pocket (I'm not a fan of holsters and put them in the same league as fanny packs )

The one thing I'll have to get used to is the covered headphone jack and power outlet. Understandably so due to the waterproof design, I'm sure I'll adjust to that in no time and probably use the Jawbone ERA to listen to music at work over the ear buds more often as a 'work-around'.

I'm coming from the Seidio Active and this seems to be a touch thicker with much more protection.

I really like the case and having two small kids who watch a video or play a game on it from time to time, the extra protection is needed. Nice job Seidio, worth the wait

Last edited by carguy; 10-30-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Galaxy S3 | iPhone 4s
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Links