DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [DIY] Custom Lockscreen Icons

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member

[DIY] Custom Lockscreen Icons

Here's a few lockscreen icons I've been messing with. For right now, this is the only color I have.
    Sorry, no screen shots of them on the phone. There's 27 total icons that I've changed. Here's a few to get an idea.

How to Install
    Follow this guide to install these: [How-To] DIY SoftKeys Mods. I know it says SoftKeys, but the process is the same. These icons will be placed in the Framework-res.apk, not the SystemUI.apk. Using 7zip(described in the How-To link), the framework-res.apk will be located here; \system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi. Or just use the folder names inside the zip file to know where to place them.

Note: If you're on GummyNex & have the lockscreen set to display the 4 icons, you probably have 2 stars. If you want to change those, they are called, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_activated.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_normal.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_activated.png & zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder of the framework-res.apk.

Also: When you get a phone call, the icon that shows up(the one that looks like a phone) is in the phone.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi & is called ic_in_call_touch_handle_normal.png. If you want that one changed also, you'll have to edit that one in the phone.apk. It's not taken/used from the framework-res.apk. But it's the same one as the ic_lockscreen_answer_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi in the framework-res.apk.

I don't feel that I'm completely done with all the icons, so check back from time to time.

Custom Blue Lockscreen Icons:
    (These are just some of the icons. There's 24 in all in the zip. Also include the ic_lockscreen_chevron's from the pictures above. Those are the ones that look like parenthesis)
    The zip file for these include 2 folders. Use them to know where to place these icons in your rom.

Monochrome:
    They're just like the 2nd set. 24 icons with 2 folders inside the zip file

The Lock Screen Icons <--Same link for all sets.

If for some reason you swap out icons & your not showing any changes or end up with missing icons, check the file names of your original icons that came with your rom. There may be a chance that your rom calls them something else. In that case, just rename the ones I have to what your rom calls them.
    Last edited by CJM; 11-23-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Updated 2nd set with an icon I left out, update info, added monochrome
    Nemo Aeternamn likes this.

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    reserved
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Updated OP with instructions for those running GummyNex & don't like the stars on the lockscreen that launches apps.
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Added more icons that were requested by cynkrzy at Galaxy Nexus Forums. Updated info & the last 2 zips.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    thanks for this ima try it out...but i do have a question...i had done the softkeymod on fgummy 6.5 or w.e was before 6.6...now when i flashed 6.6 they were removed so i went and reflashed the same zip i made using the 7zipper app method and it took away the battary bar on the top in gummy 6.6...now im sure it was bc this replaced the framework.apk with the older one i had...now if i was to do this now on gummy 7.7 how can i make sure a situation like that doesnt happen again?...do i have to redo the settings in the 7zip program or im not sure im skeptical to try mods like this now for fear ill ruin mods in the framework done by the rom
    OG Droid has evolved into the Droid Bionic...then a Droid RAZR(miss it)
    ...and now a Galaxy Nexus...er Droid NEXUS!

addicted to my droid....
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris420o View Post
    thanks for this ima try it out...but i do have a question...i had done the softkeymod on fgummy 6.5 or w.e was before 6.6...now when i flashed 6.6 they were removed so i went and reflashed the same zip i made using the 7zipper app method and it took away the battary bar on the top in gummy 6.6...now im sure it was bc this replaced the framework.apk with the older one i had...now if i was to do this now on gummy 7.7 how can i make sure a situation like that doesnt happen again?...do i have to redo the settings in the 7zip program or im not sure im skeptical to try mods like this now for fear ill ruin mods in the framework done by the rom
    If you did the softkeys, and flashing 6.6 erased them, it was because you replaced the old SystemUI.apk with the new one from 6.6. The softkeys are in the SystemUI.apk, not the framework-res.apk.

One way to do it is to take the SystemUI.apk(or any .apk for that matter) out of the rom you want, place the icons in it & flash it like you did before with this blank update.zip: blank_Galaxy_Nexus_update - Minus . Most of the time, it safer to use the .apk's from the newer rom than trying to use ones from the previous one.

Or, if you use ADB, place the SystemUI.apk in the same folder that ADB is on your computer. Then connect your usb cable to the phone, open the command prompt & type this;
    Code:
    (enter the path to your ADB. Mine is in SDK\tools. So it would look like this)
    (press enter after each bold line)
    cd C:\SDK\tools
    adb devices <--just to make sure ADB sees you phone
    adb remount
    adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    adb reboot

Just to be clear, thats for the softkeys. You can do the same ADB commands with the framework-res.apk. The only difference would be the "adb push" part. It would look like this
    Code:
    adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk

Personally I prefer using ADB. But if you have any trouble, just let me know.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    Will this work for droid 4 jb aokp?
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member

Re: [DIY] Custom Lockscreen Icons

If you can put these in your framework-res.apk and either adb push it, maybe use a file explorer or flash the app to install it.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    The links are down
  11. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    X, neXus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fuelslut View Post
    The links are down
    the link on the bottom works just fine... it brings you to all three zips...

Custom LockScreen Icons - Minus
    We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    Dont mind me... i'm just falling...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links