DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [How-To] DIY SoftKeys Mods

  1. Senior Droid
    Shibbdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    232397
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    #11
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [How-To] DIY SoftKeys Mods-uploadfromtaptalk1327349719522.png  
  2. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,993
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #12
    Nice. I had to step out for a bit but it looks like you didn't need me after all.
  3. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #13
    You wouldn't happen to know where the background is controlled at would you?
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
  4. Senior Droid
    Shibbdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    232397
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    #14
    I'm now trying to edit the mms.apk. I want to make the icon all black with yellow eyes and mouth. I noticed there is 3 different images. Would I have to edit all of them? I can't thank you enough for this I've been trying to get into theme for months but couldn't figure it out.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  5. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,993
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    You wouldn't happen to know where the background is controlled at would you?
    The one behind the softkeys? No I don't. I haven't thought about changing that. But I would only guess it's in an xml somewhere. Messing around, trying to put the app drawer icon in the softkeys, I made them disappear & the dock bar moved down to where the softkeys were. Which made it impossible to back out an app. Obviously didn't work like I wanted it to. But just to ask, you're not talking about the ic_sysbar_highlight.png are you? Don't think you are, but just asking.
  6. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #16
    no I was referring to the softkeys background. I thought maybe it was the navigation xml in the layout folder but that jsut made the highlight png come thru in the certer button only.. looked kinda odd. So, I figured maybe it wasnt allowing transparency so i went into the smali to check but it looked ok.. i think. I was tired...lol Just thoguht Id ask you off hand incase you had it sorted out.
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
  7. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,993
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibbdroid View Post
    I'm now trying to edit the mms.apk. I want to make the icon all black with yellow eyes and mouth. I noticed there is 3 different images. Would I have to edit all of them?
    The only one I know of is the ic_launcher_smsmms.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder. That would be the one in the app drawer. Now there is the status bar icon too, stat_notify_sms.png in the same folder.



    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    no I was referring to the softkeys background. I thought maybe it was the navigation xml in the layout folder but that jsut made the highlight png come thru in the certer button only.. looked kinda odd. So, I figured maybe it wasnt allowing transparency so i went into the smali to check but it looked ok.. i think. I was tired...lol Just thoguht Id ask you off hand incase you had it sorted out.
    I haven't been through the xml's too much. And never touched any smali's.
  8. Senior Droid
    Shibbdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    232397
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    The only one I know of is the ic_launcher_smsmms.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder. That would be the one in the app drawer. Now there is the status bar icon too, stat_notify_sms.png in the same folder.

    OK thanks I just wanted to have an idea before I started modifying things. Also you know where like text color or like the blue line in the notification bar is located at?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Last edited by CJM; 01-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.
  9. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #19
    I beleive.. but am not swearing to it... that the images ain the other folders are for tablets and whatnot. It looks there to get the correctly sized app drawar and screen icons since it's larger than the cell phone screen.
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
  10. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,993
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibbdroid View Post
    Also you know where like text color or like the blue line in the notification bar is located at?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    No, haven't looked for those yet. Xkape would be the man to ask about that. But I'm sure those are in an xml & yo uwould have to decompile the mms app to edit those.



    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    I beleive.. but am not swearing to it... that the images ain the other folders are for tablets and whatnot. It looks there to get the correctly sized app drawar and screen icons since it's larger than the cell phone screen.
    When they said that ICS was for phones & tablets, that's always been in the back of my head. Just judging by the names of the folders & size of the icons.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [MOD] - Custom Softkeys
    By sbenson in forum Galaxy Nexus ROMS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 05:10 AM
  2. Softkeys lighting randomly works
    By yakitori in forum Team D1-MIUI
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
  3. Remap softkeys
    By czerdrill in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Search tags for this page

add ics soft keys to gingerbread
,

how to resize softkey

,

how to resize softkeya on samsung galaxy nexus

,

how to resize softkeys

,

last app mod softkey

,
resize softkey android
,

resize softkey apk

,

soft key mod

,

soft key mods

,

soft keys for gingerbread

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+