DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: latest vicious jelly bean?

  1. Droid
    trink08's Avatar
    Member #
    274460
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    1 times
    #1

    latest vicious jelly bean?

    I recently flashed vicious toro 4.1.1 v1 signed. Is this the newest ROM or is v5 the newest? The one I'm on now has been great except WiFi tethering does not work....USB tethering does
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    TheRealhamfoshea's Avatar
    Member #
    274664
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    #2

    Thumbs up Hope This Helps!

    Quote Originally Posted by trink08 View Post
    I recently flashed vicious toro 4.1.1 v1 signed. Is this the newest ROM or is v5 the newest? The one I'm on now has been great except WiFi tethering does not work....USB tethering does
    I do believe that V5 is the 5th iteration of the 4.1 Vicious toro rom. As far as I know, the 4.1.1 v1 signed is the newest ROM from this specific developer, as it is based on the latest source code. It's what I've been running for the past two days, and I'm loving it.
  4. Droid
    trink08's Avatar
    Member #
    274460
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    1 times
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealhamfoshea

    I do believe that V5 is the 5th iteration of the 4.1 Vicious toro rom. As far as I know, the 4.1.1 v1 signed is the newest ROM from this specific developer, as it is based on the latest source code. It's what I've been running for the past two days, and I'm loving it.
    Yes. I love it as well with the exception of the WiFi tether. Ive tried 2 apps off the market as well as the native tether and neither work. Fortunately I dont use it often but its still a bummer. Have u had any problems with WiFi tether?
  5. Junior Droid
    TheRealhamfoshea's Avatar
    Member #
    274664
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    #4

    Fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by trink08 View Post
    Yes. I love it as well with the exception of the WiFi tether. Ive tried 2 apps off the market as well as the native tether and neither work. Fortunately I dont use it often but its still a bummer. Have u had any problems with WiFi tether?
    You might want to check this video out. Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom Rom Deeper Chocolate by P3Droid [FULL REVIEW] - YouTube

    This ROM supposedly offers one of the best in battery life and offers working WiFi Tether. As I do not use WiFi Tether, I could not tel you but this one should offer what your looking for. Might cost you a few bucks though. Let me know if you try it out and if it's worth the switch!
  6. Droid
    trink08's Avatar
    Member #
    274460
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    1 times
    #5
    Ah, Id rather just wait for a ROM update than spend money on one. Phone bill is expensive enough lol. Thanks for the advice tho
  7. Droid
    trink08's Avatar
    Member #
    274460
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    1 times
    #6
    Just an update. I switched over to the latest xenon HD ROM. Just as smooth as vicious with more customization. However, WiFi tethering still not working.
  8. Junior Droid
    TheRealhamfoshea's Avatar
    Member #
    274664
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trink08 View Post
    Just an update. I switched over to the latest xenon HD ROM. Just as smooth as vicious with more customization. However, WiFi tethering still not working.
    Well, within the last 20 hours I've moved from Vicious, to the Deeper Chocolate ROM, and now I'm on the latest version of Bugless Beast that was released last night and it's working the best for me thus far. I might have to check the xenon HD ROM out though.
  9. Senior Droid
    gtofan350's Avatar
    Member #
    226662
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    ahilden87
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    #8
    Look up Portable Wi-Fi hotspot widget by taiseiko. Great widget that utilizes the wifi tether already in your phone. Best part is, it works with either rooted or non-rooted phones with ICS or JB. I'm using it right now on my rooted VZW GN running 4.1.1 toro v1
  10. Master Droid
    Nealius's Avatar
    Member #
    84232
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    363
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    #9
    Jelly Belly 4.0 and Xenon HD have no issues with wifi hotspots.
  11. Droid
    trink08's Avatar
    Member #
    274460
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    1 times
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealius
    Jelly Belly 4.0 and Xenon HD have no issues with wifi hotspots.
    So what would be causing it not to work on my phone? I've flashed 2 different ROMs, neither of which work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Vicious Jelly Bean
    By gmen1818 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 05:01 PM
  2. jelly bean
    By gamedog0425 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
  3. Latest Jelly Bean
    By gmen1818 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
  5. ICS/Jelly Bean
    By cece5702 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM

Search tags for this page

droid vicious

,
galaxy nexus vicious jelly bean
,

jelly bean wifi tether

,
setting password on taiseiko wifi hotspot
,

vicious jelly bean

,

vicious jelly bean galaxy nexus

,
vicious jelly bean v5
,

vicious jellybean

,
wifi tether jelly bean
,
wifi tether jelly bean nexus
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+