DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [GSM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] [120618 1.4b: Troubles solved! Keyboards, FB, etc]

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    DroidForums.net Developer

• 20120530v1.1beta
    • .Force option that allows apps to push their custom DPI through hosts, this effectively allows to scale widgets again, only this time without breaking anything
    • Menu button has been merged with recents button. Three dots will appear if an old gingerbread app needs it, longpress it to access the menu. This will allow more notification symbols in future releases
    • New option to scale navigationbar without reboot
    • Nova has been forked again, this will be the smoothest launcher you have ever tried. its projected into phoneUI but it brings all the cool tablet features like tab controls in the corners and those cool blue outlines when you scroll homescreens. Try the effects, rotate_down is awesome!
    • Fixed ICS standard keyboard, no cutoff anymore
    • All you toggle lovers, todays your day. customize them in settings/system/notification drawer
    • Dynamic prop values that work in phone and tablet UI
    • More descriptive captions and settings
    • CM is turning into such a beast, you'll find tons of new goodies, especially in phoneUI
    tp7six likes this.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Please pay close attention to the build before you flash, GSM and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus don't mix. CDMA is Toro Verizon, GSM is Maguro, we'll try to distinguish the differences clearly in this forum via separate threads asap!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    CJM likes this.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GNEX
    I have never rooted or flashed but I now want to. I have watched several vids on Youtube today and think I am ready to take the plunge! I found the .9b toro build on XDA but I don't see the newest Toro build on here? I just want to make sure I am flashing to the newest version. Thanks for all the hard work!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hi, I'd first like to say that this is great work. I rooted my phone just to try this rom. I do have a few issues/questions though.

1. Is there a way to hide the app drawer button in the corner or get ride of the 1 in the tray? Kind of redundant to have both.
    2. I'm using Beautiful Widgets and I can't seem to get it to look right (stuff is overlapping). No matter what I change in the DPI settings seem to have no effect on this either.
    3. Is it possible increase the size of the lock screen and prevent it from rotating?

Edit: Never mind about number 2. I was stupidly using the wrong widget size since I changed the grid size.
    Last edited by idcrisis; 05-30-2012 at 09:40 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X,Droid 1
    this rom sounds cool wish someone would do this for the droid x lol
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    panel had a bug, you couldnt set custom dpi values, this SHOULD sort it out:[*]Install Fix: ParanoidAndroid-1.1b-FIX.zip

Quote Originally Posted by coolshock1 View Post
    I have never rooted or flashed but I now want to. I have watched several vids on Youtube today and think I am ready to take the plunge! I found the .9b toro build on XDA but I don't see the newest Toro build on here? I just want to make sure I am flashing to the newest version. Thanks for all the hard work!
    rooting is super easy. use gnex toolkit, press "7" and youre done. installing roms is a piece of cake then. (-:

Quote Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post
    Hi, I'd first like to say that this is great work. I rooted my phone just to try this rom. I do have a few issues/questions though.

1. Is there a way to hide the app drawer button in the corner or get ride of the 1 in the tray? Kind of redundant to have both.
    2. I'm using Beautiful Widgets and I can't seem to get it to look right (stuff is overlapping). No matter what I change in the DPI settings seem to have no effect on this either.
    3. Is it possible increase the size of the lock screen and prevent it from rotating?

Edit: Never mind about number 2. I was stupidly using the wrong widget size since I changed the grid size.
    i'll think of something. you can scale widgets, but you need to press "force." this means they'll push their dpi values through foreign hosts. normally the host decides how things are scaled and its taking its own config of course. PAD.force can allow it. i'd only check it for widgets though since it would screw things up for normal apps. example, give skype dpi 500 and check .force. now look how your notification icons blow out of proportion. (-;

Quote Originally Posted by b_j427 View Post
    this rom sounds cool wish someone would do this for the droid x lol
    we have several ports going. we're still young, this thing is a couple of weeks old so in time it'll be everywhere.
    CJM, coolshock1 and idcrisis like this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GNEX
    Thanks. I was going to unlock\root on my MAC but will pull out the W7 laptop and do it on there with the GNEX Toolkit. Just looked at it on XDA. Then I'll be flashing ParanoidAndroid.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    Please pay close attention to the build before you flash, GSM and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus don't mix. CDMA is Toro Verizon, GSM is Maguro, we'll try to distinguish the differences clearly in this forum via separate threads asap!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I was just about to ask about this. Apparently the links in the OP's post are "Maguro" or Sprint. That explains why I can't install the ROM, lol. I didn't see an option for CDMA version of this app in this thread at least (did I miss something?). I'll find it somewhere else if its available for Verizon/CDMA...

E
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GNEX
    Just finally finished rooting and flashing. How long should I be on the ParanoidAndroid boot screen? Been there a few minutes now.

Maguro is the GSM version. Toroplus is the Sprint Version. Toro is the Verizon version and is available on XDA right now.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    you forgot factory reset--- do it and it'll go through under a minute

next time remember, new rom is different from the one on your phone? factory reset

dev posts an update to your rom and doesnt mention anything about "fullwipe"? flash away, simply clean caches

dev posts a fix? flash away, clean caches.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links