DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BlackICE toro kangorade 40 (6-30)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid -> Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by xspacemonkey85x View Post
    Yea, I've never had that issue. You try sbfing and reloading the rom?
    I haven't done a data wipe in a few BlackICE bulds. Usually can manually sort out any issues quite easily if they arise from not wiping, or from user error lol. I have done a full wipe though before twice between builds and the issue persisted. It's happened to me though even before loading BlackICE and while on 4.0.3 ( not sure about 4.0.2 as never stayed on that build longer than I had to).

I guess the equivalent to a sbf on the Nexus is flashing a stock image using fasboot. Now this I have NOT done in quite some time. When I find the time to back up everything I might try to flash the latest 4.0.4 build from Google and see if it happens there before flashing any custom roms and then report back, but honestly it's so fast to just clear data in download manager I'm not sure it's worth the hassle at this point other to just see if it works and report back in the name of Science. I don't remember if flashing via fastboot wipes the sdcard partition or not. I "think" that it leaves that partition alone if memory serves

Edit: I think I might try to debug the issue first as I'm quite good at that being as I program for a living. See if I can download a lot to maximize it out and get a logcat of what's going on. Also should see if any third party browsers exhibit this behavior since I've only been using Chrome and Stock. Also maybe completely un install and remove all traces of DownloadManager and install a different fresh copy. Any other ideas to troubleshoot? Something is getting corrupted in Download Manager and having a look around in the data files might find useful as well. I'm surprised though that I haven't seen anybody else report this issue.
    Last edited by HarvesterX™; 06-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I can't get the skinned gmail app to install. I downloaded the latest 38.1 rom, stock gapps and inverted BlackICE gapps. Upgrading from 31. The instructions say that if you are upgrading from a previous version to just install the skinned gapps. I did that, and when I rebooted, my Youtube app is completely missing and gmail isn't skinned.

So I went back and installed the stock gapps, rebooted, recovery, installed skinned gapps, rebooted, and the same situation. No youtube and no skinned gmail.

I tried to restore youtube and gmail with TB. Youtube restored successfully, still skinned. Gmail restored still with no skin.

Any advice? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    One other problem I'm having. I can't get Google Voice Search to work. It worked on 31 but it doesn't seem to be on my phone anymore. I used to have the long press on the magnifying glass be Voice Search, but it is no longer in the options to choose from.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Same here... Can only pull up Voice Seach if I manually open the app or click on the icon in the persistent search widget (or any other access method, just can't add via long press option for the search soft key, or any soft key for that matter).

Of course we don't have a native search soft key to begin with so it's not an issue to me personally, but I do know many others use this added feature. I'm not sure to what extent TeamICE modifies AOKP so I can't tell you if it's ROM specific or epidemic of all AOKP builds
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    bionic
    just got my Gn two days ago and have gone through Liquid and AOKP which are both very nice but the look and overall feel of this one is right up my alley. Thanks for all the work this is sick!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankbl View Post
    I can't get the skinned gmail app to install. I downloaded the latest 38.1 rom, stock gapps and inverted BlackICE gapps. Upgrading from 31. The instructions say that if you are upgrading from a previous version to just install the skinned gapps. I did that, and when I rebooted, my Youtube app is completely missing and gmail isn't skinned.

So I went back and installed the stock gapps, rebooted, recovery, installed skinned gapps, rebooted, and the same situation. No youtube and no skinned gmail.

+1 on gmail issue....everything else seems legit

I tried to restore youtube and gmail with TB. Youtube restored successfully, still skinned. Gmail restored still with no skin.

Any advice? Thanks.

+1 on gmail issue.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankbl View Post

Any advice? Thanks.

Go to goo.im, click developers, click travp624, click invertedapps. There you can download inverted apps separately.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Would you be able to theme the play store icon to match with the browser and phone icons?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR HD D.E.
    This ROM did not play nice with my GNEX at all. Superuser and ROM Manager would force close, and the screen would go nuts. It looked like when an old Nintendo game wouldn't load properly or when the game would freeze, if any one knows what I mean.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rebretz000 View Post
    This ROM did not play nice with my GNEX at all. Superuser and ROM Manager would force close, and the screen would go nuts. It looked like when an old Nintendo game wouldn't load properly or when the game would freeze, if any one knows what I mean.
    I know what you're talking about. My Nexus does the same thing sometimes. It's only done that though with kernels it didn't like. You might wanna try flashing another kernel and see if that helps anything. Happens a lot when I try to set frequencies and are using too low of a voltage. I'm running a JB ROM ATM and since we're having it happen on two different ROMs, I'm betting that it has something to do with whichever kernel is included and what it's settings are. You also could check and see (using Francos.kernel.updater app or another method) if SmartReflex is enabled. This also happens to me sometimes when I try to overclock and have SmartReflex enabled (due to the dynamic setting of voltages and sometimes ones that are too high or low).
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Links