DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Slow tradeoff between 3G and 4G

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Slow tradeoff between 3G and 4G

I flashed Gummy a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. It's the first and only ROM I've tried with my rooted Galaxy Nexus. I'm a little unsure how kernel compatibility works with ROMs, but I feel my question probably relates to the kernel.

I notice there are times when I lose internet for 30 seconds or so...it happens when I'm sitting in the same spot at work (where I usually have 4G), or sometimes it even happens when I'm at home with WiFi connected. When I look at my signal, it looks like everything is grey and that there isn't a connection.

Is there a way to eliminate or improve this issue? Thanks!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Have you flashed the 4.0.4 radios and boot loader? I'd give that a shot if you haven't. I have instantaneous hand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Have you flashed the 4.0.4 radios and boot loader? I'd give that a shot if you haven't. I have instantaneous hand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I haven't done that yet—I flashed Gummy-TORO v0.7.6 and haven't adjusted it since. I owned a rooted Motorola Droid for two years, but in all that time I never flashed a kernel separately. I had always flashed entire ROM packages and left it at that.

EDIT: Amended my question. My confusion is that I'm not sure how you flash just the radios. Do I flash the new stock 4.0.4, and then reflash Gummy, and then Gummy will just keep the 4.0.4 radios? Or is there a way to "sub in" the 4.0.4 radios on top of my current Gummy version? I'm having trouble discerning between topics about flashing the new 4.0.4 stock and flashing 4.0.4 radios alone.
    Last edited by AllYourBass; 03-05-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYourBass View Post
    I haven't done that yet—I flashed Gummy-TORO v0.7.6 and haven't adjusted it since. I owned a rooted Motorola Droid for two years, but in all that time I never flashed a kernel separately. I had always flashed entire ROM packages and left it at that.

EDIT: Amended my question. My confusion is that I'm not sure how you flash just the radios. Do I flash the new stock 4.0.4, and then reflash Gummy, and then Gummy will just keep the 4.0.4 radios? Or is there a way to "sub in" the 4.0.4 radios on top of my current Gummy version? I'm having trouble discerning between topics about flashing the new 4.0.4 stock and flashing 4.0.4 radios alone.
    You can simply flash the radios via a zip in CWM. Don't wipe data unless you want to start over from scratch...If you want to wipe cache and dalvik you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure that you download the upgradable radios so that way you don't have to flash back to stock to flash the radios. See if this link works for ya.

Dev-Host.org - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Edit: If posting the direct link is a violation, would a mod be so kind to inform me?
    Last edited by syndicate0017; 03-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    You can simply flash the radios via a zip in CWM. Don't wipe data unless you want to start over from scratch...If you want to wipe cache and dalvik you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure that you download the upgradable radios so that way you don't have to flash back to stock to flash the radios. See if this link works for ya.

Dev-Host.org - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Edit: If posting the direct link is a violation, would a mod be so kind to inform me?
    Thanks for your help, syndicate! That link was good, and flashing the radios was painless. I'll see how they work out over the next week
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYourBass View Post
    Thanks for your help, syndicate! That link was good, and flashing the radios was painless. I'll see how they work out over the next week
    Happy to help. After you've used them for about a week, I'd suggest going here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gal...es-thread.html and posting what you've found. It may help others who are having issues.

Links