I ended up solving the problem but I'm not exactly sure how. At first clearing the cache of gmail fixed it but then every time I would reboot I would have to clear the cache againQuote:
Originally Posted by madmal
So I reflashed AOKP and instead of using titanium backup to restore, I just restored manually. Then when I first tested gmail it still wasn't pushing emails. Wiped cache again and now it works...not sure what was causing the problem or how I fixed it
On the 12th (at least on my Razr Maxx) my phone and my wife's Droid X stopped receiving pushed emails to our Gmail accounts on our phones. I was able to uncheck and recheck the data and background options on mine and it worked for about two days. Then it stopped again. I have to manually refresh to receive emails on both phones. Nothing has helped her phone though. I've tried clearing the cache and unchecking the data and background data and rebooting, etc. Nothing seems to work. Going on 10 days with pushed email!!
My email stopped syncing automatically quite some time ago, so I have been doing it via Settings/Accounts; however, I am now getting the "sync is currently experiencing problems it will be back shortly" message whenever I try to sync that way. I sure hope that gmail will come up with a fix very soon.