I have been talking to imoseyon about posting his kernels in other places and he is happy to have them out. He does most of his work at rootzwiki, but im happy to help support him in his work. If you guys have not been following too much in the other threads, this is another great kernel to be trying out.
A Minimalistic Kernel
This is a minimalistic Galaxy Nexus kernel. My philosophy is to keep the kernel as lean and stable as possible, at the same time to keep the kernel as modern and close to latest mainstream linux as possible. You will see that my kernels will lack a lot of the bells and whistles from other kernels.
- 1) stable
- experimental: these will sometimes have less than stable tweaks and mods. They also have ColorControl from Ezekeel.
Keywords: experimental and NOT STABLE
- 2) 180mhz: two additional freq slots: 180MHz and 1.42GHz
- 3) 230mhz: two additional freq slots: 230Mhz and 1.42GHz
- 4) notrim: (OC'ed to 1.52Ghz/1.65Ghz) - this version overrides the max speed restriction imposed by TI/Google.
- The phone will run hotter and less stable at those speeds - USE AT OWN RISK.
- Includes "checkt" script that displays 1) your current temp, 2) # of times you were throttled due to temp "recently", 3) CPU trim type, and 4) CPU silicon type. (sample output)
- The notrim version also has smartReflex1.5 disabled - this could help those of you with unusual battery drain issues.
.[*]Patched to latest in Linux 3.0.x branch: 3.0.18, which was released 1/26/12 (lots of new/updated kernel code).
.[*]All unnecessary kernel components removed to make kernel lean and fast!
.[*]OC to 1.35Ghz (Michael Huang, optimized by me). Boot speed is maxed at
.[*]1.2ghz within kernel (in addition to ramdisk) for stability.
.[*]GPU overclock (Michael Huang).
.[*]User voltage control (Michael Huang, fixed and enhanced by imoseyon).
.[*]InteractiveX V2 (screen-off hotplug of cpu1) added. Select it using setcpu if you want to use it.
.[*]Ramdisk tweaks (sysctl, vm, filesystem speed, etc.)
.[*]SWAP & zram (next generation compcache) support. Run "zram enable" in terminal.
.[*]init.d support in ramdisk.
.[*]cpufreq backport from Linux 3.2/3.3
.[*]rcu code backport from Linux 3.2/3.3[*]other linux 3.2/3.3 backports: dm, futex, voltage regulator, etc
.[*]Undervolted by default (1.35ghz/1325, 1.2ghz/1300, 920mhz/1250, 700mhz/1150, 350mhz/950)
.[*]Experimental version features (in addition to stable build):
.[*]Two extra slots (180mhz or 230mhz) and 1.42Ghz. (These slots will not work for everyone - USE AT OWN RISK).
.[*]*ColorControl from Ezekeel
[/B][/B]v1.0.0 - Initial release
v1.0.1 - Fixed power off charging (only upgrade if you care about that).
v1.1.0 - rcu code updated to linux 3.2-rc7, boot speed max forced to 1.2ghz within
kernel (stability), hotplug governor should be more stable now, zram enabled including custom enable script (run "zram enable" in terminal), small bug fixed in voltage control code.
v1.2.0 - interactiveX V2 with hotplug support, user undervolting works now, and all speeds undervolted by default (clear setcpu settings before flashing), ALSA SoC driver updated to 3.2-rc7
v1.2.1 - reverted a dep voltage change I made in 1.2.0. Only update if you're experiencing stability issues in 1.2.0 (if your coming directly from a version prior to 1.2.0 make sure you clear custom voltage settings)
v1.3.0 - re-wrote a lot of my user undervolting code (fixed some bugs and probably introduced others - haha), updated dm and futex code to linux 3.2, gpu undervolt at top speed, some code cleanup. (clear setcpu settings before flashing). Oh one more thing: undervolting 1.35ghz and higher is not reliable yet and is not recommended.
v1.4.0 - updated to Linux 3.0.15 (small release), voltage regulator driver from Linux 3.2, omap clock data updated from latest official omap source.
v1.5.0 - updated to Linux 3.0.16 (big update), more accurate/reliable user voltage control for frequencies less than 1.35ghz.
v1.6.0 - read this post.
v1.6.1 - *battery drain - being fixed*, updated to Linux 3.0.17, fixed potential memleak in slub allocator, small omap4 update from android-omap source.
v1.6.4 (pulled - stay tuned) - moved some of the features off of 1.6.1 (but kept them in experimental) in order to fix/pinpoint potential source of battery drain possibly introduced in 1.6.1. You do not need to upgrade from 1.6.1 if it's working fine for you. Cpufreq updated to Linux 3.3.
v1.6.6 (bd0730ad3f57e050942356b647821256) - Fixed pm_suspend bug introduced by the Linux 3.0.17 patch *this fixes battery drain issue in 1.6.1 and 1.6.4*. Where's 1.6.5?
v1.7.0 (a7f3d241d68fd48c9f216e8399226e9d) - a bunch of fixes and updates from android-omap source including the hotplug fix, deadline scheduler updated to linux 3.2.
v1.7.1 (c2d0d4c59c198bb3f2281f164442ac0f) - removed some omap patches from 1.7.0 that may have been causing issues.
v1.7.3 (049a8ce4be0f0a392d6c0b694de1ad73) - went back to 3.0.16 base as I suspect there were more things in 3.0.17 causing subtle issues in releases newer than 1.5.0. Added a fix to reduce screen unlock lag in interactiveX. Brought back some of the OMAP patches from upstream android-omap source.
v1.7.4 (3619144bee4cd86883692b48971ee5f8) - applied the rest of OMAP patches from android-omap source. Partially updated to 3.0.17. Wireless ADB support (if ROM has built-in support for it).
v1.8.0 (7ddb6ac13d01ceaeed25b83ab13afb8c) - Updated to Linux 3.0.18 (big update - lots of fixes/changes). An omap driver fix. A fix for stalling RCU processing. Ramdisk changes for CM9 (or CM9 based ROMs) compatibility. This version should theoretically be smoother than the previous versions.
v1.9.0 (f703a8912d4dd19f82cc4bf17f37f1cd) - detailed log here.
- *v1.10.0 (e9f2c4f2b458ddddeebfba842bb51756) - updated to Linux 3.0.20, completely modernized memory management compaction/migration code to Linux 3.3-rc3 (which also includes backporting much of the mm code)
- v2.0.0 (a6a518d0a243c071ef6c02445acf2645) - detailed log here.
- v2.0.1 (d9457f5fd0d9a74bc1c7fe37e1856907) - custom UV related issues (haptic feedback, volume, etc.) fixed. Custom UV code improved.
- v2.1.0 (3362b0879e8a11681dc3e78eef38e4aa) - detailed log here.
- v2.2.0 (41296a907dd27cbc25593dbbda0e7fe0) - detailed log here.
- v2.3.0 (c024897dd55ec4789fb998adb957a855) - detailed log here.
- v2.4.0 (6e528aa35a51fc526939be2d51b4c295) - detailed log here.
Uh.... flash the zip in clockworkmod.
Third party mods (not tested by Imos so use at your own risk)
*Jakes lean tweaks.
Donate to your favorite charity, or donate to Imoseyon.