DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Couple quick questions

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Couple quick questions

I have a couple quick questions about flashing stuff on the GN. I just flashed the Gummy rom, but there's some stuff I'm curious about:
    Is anything to change the kernel included in these roms, or do those need to be flashed separately?
    If I use the backup I made to revert to stock, does that mean the stock kernel is back (if flashing a rom does indeed change the kernel as well)?

Sorry I'm a bit confused about the kernel thing. I'm coming from a droid x that I rooted and ran some roms on, but obviously with the bootloader encrypted I never dealt with the kernel thing before so this is all new. Thanks for taking the time.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinZack View Post
    I have a couple quick questions about flashing stuff on the GN. I just flashed the Gummy rom, but there's some stuff I'm curious about:
    Is anything to change the kernel included in these roms, or do those need to be flashed separately?
    If I use the backup I made to revert to stock, does that mean the stock kernel is back (if flashing a rom does indeed change the kernel as well)?

Sorry I'm a bit confused about the kernel thing. I'm coming from a droid x that I rooted and ran some roms on, but obviously with the bootloader encrypted I never dealt with the kernel thing before so this is all new. Thanks for taking the time.
    someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
    - there's always a kernel in the rom, but you can flash other kernels (flash it like any other zip file on recovery)
    - if you restore to your backup stock, then everything is restored

Links