DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: ||ROM| |AXI0M v2.4 | |APEX V5 KERNEL | |1/6/2012|

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DavMar View Post
    NO twildman... you MUST unlock your nexus THEN flash recovery and superuser... I Installed rom manger from market... THEN you can do a Android backup THEN you can download and flash rom.... read read read in these forums to fully understand what you're doing first... welcome to the wonderful world of flashing roms!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Thanks Dav, the only problem is, that I have been reading, but when you guys are talking about this adb apk, and all those other acronyms, I am lost lol. Is there a link or a post dumbed down enough that and old, fat, grey headed redneck can understand it? I can build a program to make your diesel truck run like a scalded dog, but I don't wanna brick my new baby.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Just flashed 1.6. Wifi doesn't work and volume + still isn't working everything else is good to go

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    The Machine strikes again.....do you sleep?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by twildman View Post
    Thanks Dav, the only problem is, that I have been reading, but when you guys are talking about this adb apk, and all those other acronyms, I am lost lol. Is there a link or a post dumbed down enough that and old, fat, grey headed redneck can understand it? I can build a program to make your diesel truck run like a scalded dog, but I don't wanna brick my new baby.
    here's link - sorry op if not suppose to post this... it helps explain all that you have to do. When you unlock the bootloader it WILL reset everything back like coming out of the box the first time... your apps, data, everything will be toast - but then just sign into google account and get everything set back up again... then you can go the next step and flash clockwork recovery and push your superuser. I used my laptop to do it all, quite simple once you get the laptop/desktop setup - that was the most time (installed java/sdk dev tools/latest samsung drivers/etc) then it was maybe 5 minutes and done... totally open just like the OG droid - very nice considering the locked down bootloaders from motorola, etc... I sure droidforums has this same info... but here's another link: [HOW TO] Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums hope this helps and the sooner you unlock the better. i did mine the day it was released.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Scratch that wifi seems to be working. Volume + still doesn't

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by twildman View Post
    Here's link - sorry op if not suppose to post this... it helps explain all that you have to do. When you unlock the bootloader it WILL reset everything back like coming out of the box the first time... your apps, data, everything will be toast - but then just sign into google account and get everything set back up again... then you can go the next step and flash clockwork recovery and push your superuser.  I used my laptop to do it all, quite simple once you get the laptop/desktop setup - that was the most time (installed java/sdk dev tools/latest samsung drivers/etc) then it was maybe 5 minutes and done... totally open just like the OG droid - very nice considering the locked down bootloaders from motorola, etc... I sure droidforums has this same info... but here's one link: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-nexu...axy-nexus.html hope this helps and the sooner you unlock the better. i did mine the day it was released. Another link: Complete Guide to the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE [Verizon] – Droid Life
    Last edited by DavMar; 12-23-2011 at 07:16 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus
    Thanks!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X

Newbie directions on how to install?

Wow, this looks awesome! I'm a relative newbie...I have managed to unlock the bootloader and got rooted (yay!) and would love to flash this ROM. Is there any way someone can give a little more explicit directions on how to install it? That would be great...thanks!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by scott62185 View Post
    Wow, this looks awesome! I'm a relative newbie...I have managed to unlock the bootloader and got rooted (yay!) and would love to flash this ROM. Is there any way someone can give a little more explicit directions on how to install it? That would be great...thanks!
    Rather than explaining it, it is broken down here step by step on youtube.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ribbz22 View Post
    Rather than explaining it, it is broken down here step by step on youtube.

Great! I'll look at that.
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Links