[ROM] Android Revolution HD (LTE)
Updated: Android Revolution HD 2.1.2 (12/20/11)
Proudly presenting you Android Revolution HD series ROM for Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
Posted with permission from Mike1986 Android Revolution HD Developer - tp76
Users experience with Android Revolution HD
"My phone is now perfectly smooth, fast, stable. I do not expect much more from my phone!"
"This release is amazing! ROM feels super fast! Great job Mike & the team! (...) Never noticed any lag. 1 word: brilliant."
"Feels a lot smoother in use - scrolling, swiping between sense screens. Much nicer feel. This is a real good one, Mike. Many thanks :-)"
>>> Very fast, rock stable, stock look and great support <<<
PLEASE READ THE F.A.Q. DOWN THIS POST !!!
All images in this thread including screenshots, headlines, banners, etc. are copyrighted and you can't use it without permission
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a beer
All my ROMs have great popularity and are a 100% success
- Android 4.0.2 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - official Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE firmware ICL53F
- This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
- Very fast, clean & stable!
- Multi-language (WWE)
- Full Arabic and Hebrew languages support! (ICS feature)
Included kernel details:
- New kernel: 3.0.9-mck-r3+
- Many CPU governors (Interactive, Ondemand, Performance, Conservative, UserSpace)
- deadline as default scheduler
- USB drive / keyboard / mouse support
- CIFS support
- Screen improvements
- You can find custom kernels here
- Kernel source (paulobrien)
- Removed software (CPU) rendering - full PowerVR SGX 540 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions - Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Speed optimizations
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
- Bloatware applications removed
- All system applications updated to latest available
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Excellent battery life!
- Device partitions mounted & formatted as fast EXT4 with many optimizations and EXT4 alignment
- You can replace Samsung boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Support almost 24h a day
- ...and many more!
Android Revolution HD 2.1.2
--- release date: 20 December 2011 ---
- Fixed charging issue (Thanks to steveeJ for spotting permissions issue)
- Fixed backgrounds effects (Thanks to gnufabio)
- BDI read_ahead_kb changed from 1024KB to 512KB
- SuperUser binary updated to latest 188.8.131.52
- ES File Explorer updated to latest 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Reader updated to latest 10.1.1
- Minor fixed in instalation script
- Updated Super Wipe Lite script with fixes cache issue (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- Other minor changes and fixes
- No need to use Super Wipe if you have 2.1.x already!
How to flash: (Don't use ROM Manager! Flash ROM following the steps below:)
- Download ROM and place it on your virtual SD card
- Download "Super Wipe" script & place it on your virtual SD card (optionally if coming from earlier version of my ROM, obligatory if coming from stock or other custom ROM)
- Boot your phone in recovery mode (vol down + vol up + power)
- In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of "Super Wipe" script
- Once again select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of Android Revolution ROM
- After flashing process is complete, reboot the device
Here's a installation overview video of ARHD 2.1.2 made by DroidModderX, thanks bud!
Galaxy Nexus CDMA LTE First Custom Rom Android Revolution HD 2.1.1 Install Overview
Remember to check MD5 Checksum before flashing !!!
*** Please do not post any mirrors. We are currently using fast servers, so there is no need for extra mirrors. Thank you! ***
Android Revolution HD 2.1.2
--- MD5 Checksum: 7099E6FA21F615DA35AF78FE4A9B5972 *Android_Revolution_HD-Galaxy_Nexus_LTE_2.1.2.zip ---
--- Direct link to 6 fast server that will randomly use one of our sources ---
--- Thanks to Mavy170, Whiskey103, MarcoHD, Pili21181, Lizard & Denngie ---
>>> Super Wipe Full <<< - COMING SOON!
--- This script will erase and format your data, system and cache partition using EXT4 file-system ---
--- Please note that the content of /data/media folder (internal virtual SD card) will be removed - do backup of necessary files! ---
>>> Super Wipe Lite <<<
--- This script will erase and format your system and cache partition using EXT4 file-system ---
--- It will also wipe /data partition, but /data/media (virtual SD card) will be untouched---
Android Revolution HD 2.1.0 on DropBox
--- Create your own DropBox account, if you see notification about too much traffic ---
If you are Android Revolution HD user, feel free to use our special banner prepared for you:
--- User banner prepared by KID_1194, adsamcik & sigeltek ---
Q 1: After flashing Android Revolution HD my battery drains much faster. What can I do?
A: Please charge your battery to 100%, boot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery and go to Advanced ---> Wipe Battery Stats. Also see Question 7.
Also please read this ---> [GUIDE] Enlarge your battery life : an attempt to fix the battery drain
And this ---> [How to] Brilliant Battery Life 100% working!
For more details about wiping battery stats please read this
Q 2: When recording HD video, the playback of the clip keeps freezing. How to fix it?
A: This is probably SD card problem. Format your SD card (FAT32 recommended) to gain silky smooth playback.
Q 3: Is there any alternative for SetCPU? I think it slows downy my phone.
A: You can application called No-frills. Remember to check "Allow on boot" option.
Q 4: After flashing Android Revolution HD my SD card is being mounted as ready only. What should I do?
A: Connect your SD card to your PC and do defragmentation process. If you still have some problems with SD card, please read this.
Mac users can use the repair function of the MacOS disk utility to solve the read only problem (Thanks to Calimero1205).
Q 5: Do I need to wipe data partition when upgrading from old version of Android Revolution HD?
A: I always recommend wiping data partition but it's absolutely necessary only if I mention that in the changelog. But normally you can live without it.
Wipe data partition if you experience any issues.
Q 6: I have some strange issues with my ROM that nobody reported before. What should I do in first place?
A: In first place you should check, if the MD5 Checksum is correct. Then flash ROM again and see if the issue is gone. A lot of strange issues can be solved this way.
Q 7: I had SetCPU installed on Android Revolution HD, then I flashed new version of AR HD and SetCPU doesn't work any more. How to fix it?
A: Please reinstall SetCPU.
Q 8: I can't send/receive MMS or I can't connect with mobile data connection. How can I fix it?
A: Please check your MMS settings or mobile data connection APN settings.
Q 9: My phone got random freezes or reboots. How can I fix it?
A: Every CPU is different. It seems that your CPU doesn't like OC or UV (undervolt). Set your CPU to default 1GHz.
If it doesn't help, then you need to flash default kernel from the second post.
Q 10: My GPS signal is very weak or GPS is not working at all. How can I fix it?
A: There are some solutions:
1. You can download and install FasterFix to improve your signal strength.
2. You can download and install GPS Status & Toolbox to manage your GPS settings.
3. Turn off "Fast boot" under "Settings" ---> "Power" and reboot your phone.
4. Wipe the EFS data in your device. Read this for further instuctions. This is very effective solution.
5. Read this, this, this & this
6. [Trick] Speed Up Satelite Fix for GPS on Android
Q 11: My Quadrant score is not as high as on different ROM. What does it mean?
A: It means absolutely nothing. Benchmarks on Android System are more or less lottery and they are not showing the real system performance.
There are many settings that can force Quadrant to show more then 3000 points but it's faked performance, that actually can slow down your phone in some circumstances.
What I always emphasize is a real performance, the one you can feel under your fingers. Remember that I/O has some limit and surpassing it shows just a numbers without true ratio.
Also keep in mind that Quadrant has support for Android Gingerbread only in version 1.1.7 and higher.
Q 12: My screen-lock sound and keypad sound while dialing numbers is very low. How can I fix it?
A: Download "Quick Settings" application from Android Market and check system volume slider.
Q 13: When I open up the call screen (where I see the recent calls and callers), the calls won't appear in the list. What to do?
A: Probably you are using 3rd party launcher. Remove the dialer shortcut and re-add it.
Q 14: My Wi-Fi doesn't reconnect automatically after boot. How to fix it?
A: Disable fastboot in settings or check this solution.
Credits and thanks goes to:
---- Android Revolution Team: ----
- mike1986 (ROM Creator & Team Founder)
- Bumble-Bee aka Apache14 (Kernels Developer)
- Dude360 (Mods Developer)
- Euphorie (Site support)
- faux123 (Kernels Developer)
- jkoljo (Beta-tester & unlocking Android devices expert)
- KID_1194 (Graphic Design)
- Lizard (Files Hosting)
- lukogriffioen (Mods & Homepage Developer)
- madmaxx82 (4EXT Recovery Developer)
- Mavy170 (Files Hosting)
- Patrics83 (ROM Cleaner Developer)
- Whiskey103 (Homepage Administrator, Hosting & Support)
I also thank to seandk, TWioE, Moe|Joe, jonata, kill4l & MultiCulti for being in the team in the past.
Thanks goes also to themes developers - he_stheone64, Vistagamer, liamstears and kalagas.
---- Others: ----
- Krzysiec, adsamcik, erikstar for graphic support
- dsixda for his Android Kitchen
- Everyone who made a donation
Click here to view
--- Please remember to mention your forum nick-name in the donation ---
For Android Revolution HD [all versions]