While I really enjoy my Galaxy Nexus, I am stumped trying to solve my connectivity issue. Here's the problem:
- Using the WiFi my GN connects to both a WEP and WPA/WPA2 routers at my father in laws.
- The strength seems to fluctuate using both (WEP & WPA/WPA2).
- The settings show that the GN is connected, but in both cases when I open up different webpages I get no connection.
- No connection using Google Chrome, Google, Firefox or Opera
***Wifi bars are gray...active
NOTE: I can access all apps, browsers work, email etc. using my data 3/4G)
My gmail and yahoo mail also (as you would expect) not update.
The signal shows that it is connected, but why I have no Internet access I have no idea.
My GN has been excellent connecting to free access points for months now. This issue is completely new as of Thursday evening.
Attempts to Resolve
- Tried to access open Wifi spots - no success
- Turned off avast antivirus
- Removed the battery
- Router rebooted
Using data (3/4G)*I can access all programs
In advance, thank you for your help.