Android and Mac Don't Play Nice - a warning
- Android File Transfer does not mount the Nexus as a drive. It merely shows the directory structure and you have to copy files to view them.
- iCal allows reminders further back than Google Calendar those entries can fail to sync.
- Entries copied to the phone directly from iCal but not copied first to Google Calendar will not sync properly.
- To really get good syncing between Mac and Android you have to pay for 3rd party applications (I've yet to see a decent free version and you might need several, which is complicated and annoying.
- Google is vague on what "Back up my data" means in Settings and you cannot selectively restore data as far as I know (does it back up SMS, etc?)
- You cannot stream music in the default player. Unlike iTunes where you can download a stream and play within iTunes I had to download the app for the specific streaming service.
Please make Android better for the Mac (tell Google)! I'd like to know if anyone has any solutions to these issues, but I'm doubtful. Even if you can get this stuff to work, you require a multitude of apps and customization which is a real pain.