Man these guys waste no time. Phone hasn't even been out a week and there's already loads of custom ROMs and kernels. I feel like if I blink for too long I'll get left in the dust. I don't even know where to begin. I want to flash a 4.0.3 ROM and a new kernel to help with my battery life, so anybody have some suggestions? I don't like to be constantly flashing stuff, mainly because I need to wipe all data each time. Takes up too much of my time getting everything back to how it was, and I'm not using any backup apps, seems to do more harm than good in my experience.
- What ROM/kernel combo can you guys recommend?
- Any issues/bugs/things not working with your combo?
- What's the deal with all the Google Apps? Why do they need to be installed separately?
- Will flashing a custom ROM kill my NFC and Google Wallet and give me the security element error?
- What happens when Google pushes out the OTA update? Will I lose root/recovery/ROM/kernel?
- I've read that wiping data in CWM does NOT wipe the "SD card" partition, you'll only lose this when do you a factory reset within the Settings. Is wiping data/cache/dalvik from CWM enough? Or do I need to do a factory reset in the Settings too?
- If I do a factory reset, can I simply copy/paste my "SD card" files back again once the phone is up and running, including my CWM backups?