Wohoo!!! Just got mine and installing update. This phone is sweet looking. Light. Beautiful. Can't wait to dig in. Awesome!!!
I just got my nexus awhile ago, its awesome!
Got mine at Southglenn VZW store in Centennial CO. They opened 10 minutes early. Walked in, one other nexus customer behind me. In and out in 15 minutes.
- Damn, the screen is nice - device defaulted to no auto brightness, about 10% - don't know if that's the device or a backed up setting, but i liked it
- No noticeable lag yet
- Had an OTA to 4.0.2 waiting as I left the parking lot. Installed it, but obviously I can't tell you what's changed
- The ring/notify tones are different, and now mostly named after stars and constellations. They're not as obnoxious as the DROID ones.
- I had VZW Tones, Music, Video, and Citrix Receiver on my phone, and I'm unsure if it was a google restore or just on the phone. I was able to UNINSTALL them.
- I do have Backup Assistant and My Verizon. Big deal.
- When you install an app, ICS puts a shortcut on one of your screens. I don't know if this is a configurable behavior
- The earbuds are nice for freebies. The headset jack is TIGHT - you have to really push to get the final click. I hope what this means is that we won't have the loosies like with the OG Droid.
- 22Mbps down, 6Mbps up. What I expect.
- Wifi to 4G transitions seem instant. Have had no 4G signal problems so far, but it's early yet.
- There doesn't appear to be Facebook sync available - when I install the Facebook app, and then go to add an account under Sync settings, Facebook shows up, but I can't choose anything. I don't know if this is a meaningful observation yet.
- The haptic feedback on the keyboard is shorter in duration and smaller in amplitude - it's quick and light, in other words, unlike any other phone I've used, and I may actually leave it on for once.
- There's a lot to get used to. More later!
Note on availability - at the Southglenn store in Centennial, CO, I heard an employee say "We've never run out of any device we've sold on launch day. Launch WEEKEND is another story."
Well my precious is in my hands. Got it today before going to work so now I have plenty to keep me occupied tonight.
Has anyone else noticed this bug: after scrolling through the app drawer, I press the home button and only about 1/4 of the homescreen shows up at first as a box on the lower right side of the screen and the rest of the screen is black. After about a second the whole homescreen will appear. It has happened 3 times now, also I haven't taken the update yet because I'm waiting for the battery to die.
Picked mine up at lunch time today. There were two other guys buying theirs that were checking out at the same time as me. My sales rep said mine was the 9th one she had sold.
I like it so far. I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon setting things up.