DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why can't I unlock/root?!

  1. Master Droid
    warped1987's Avatar
    Member #
    179103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    Why can't I unlock/root?!

    I tried the method in the Sticky, and I can't install the PDA thing on my phone, I keep getting an error. Anyone feel like helping me? This is my first time doing this on my own, pretty much full noob.
  2. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by warped1987 View Post
    I tried the method in the Sticky, and I can't install the PDA thing on my phone, I keep getting an error. Anyone feel like helping me? This is my first time doing this on my own, pretty much full noob.
    What is the error?

    Also, what PDA thing? PDAnet? If so those are drivers that get installed on your PC.
  3. Master Droid
    warped1987's Avatar
    Member #
    179103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    Fail to install PdaNet to your phone

    Win USB Device could ot be opened (err=5000)
  4. Senior Droid
    Str8Aro's Avatar
    Member #
    233971
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Rayzer53
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    CupFull is way more experienced than me but I had to uninstall the Samsung drivers, that I had previously installed, from my Windows 7 64 bit laptop before I could make PDAnet work for me.

    "Now back to your regular program" for the more experienced to help.



  5. Master Droid
    warped1987's Avatar
    Member #
    179103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    That's what I'm using, 64 bit on my laptop. I have tried the XDA method too with that TootKit or whatever, and I can't get it to work either because my phones build number is not in the list! God does not want me hacking lol
    Last edited by warped1987; 08-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Aro View Post
    CupFull is way more experienced than me but I had to uninstall the Samsung drivers, that I had previously installed, from my Windows 7 64 bit laptop before I could make PDAnet work for me.

    "Now back to your regular program" for the more experienced to help.
    I personally never tried PDANet, as I found the naked driver and it worked for me. ( [ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.7 - xda-developers <-- is the driver) I have heard folks having good luck with PDAnet driver as well as the stock driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by warped1987 View Post
    That's what I'm using, 64 bit on my laptop. I have tried the XDA method too with that TootKit or whatever, and I can't get it to work either because my phones build number is not in the list! God does not want me hacking lol
    What is your build number?

    Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.2 | WugFresh <-- is that what you tried?
  7. Master Droid
    mattv111's Avatar
    Member #
    151013
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    255
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    @MVPanthersFan11
    Phone
    G-Nex
    #7
    I use linux not windows, so it may be different, but why are you installing pdanet to root/unlock your device?
  8. Master Droid
    warped1987's Avatar
    Member #
    179103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Because that's what the first method I tried said to download.

    And I think my build is IMM76Q,I was told to use IMM76K on toolkit and it still didn't work. Every time I boot into fast mode it still said the bootloader was locked
  9. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by warped1987 View Post
    Because that's what the first method I tried said to download.

    And I think my build is IMM76Q,I was told to use IMM76K on toolkit and it still didn't work. Every time I boot into fast mode it still said the bootloader was locked
    The guide you are following skip the unlocking of the bootloader? That step is generic, and won't matter what build you are on. Essentially what you want to do is get fastboot working, reboot your phone into the bootloader, then type fastboot oem unlock, and then select the option to unlock on your phone.
  10. Master Droid
    warped1987's Avatar
    Member #
    179103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    The guide you are following skip the unlocking of the bootloader? That step is generic, and won't matter what build you are on. Essentially what you want to do is get fastboot working, reboot your phone into the bootloader, then type fastboot oem unlock, and then select the option to unlock on your phone.
    I have no idea where I would have typed that in...this whole thing is confusing, it says noob friendly but I guess I am ULTRA NOOB, bow down before me! lol. I wish there was like a piture and picture video of someone doing it from the computer and the phones at the same time, with detailed written description to it, with no abbreviations of things I don't know about. I don't know half the abbreviations ppl talk about in the development community.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Unlock bootloader and root using a Mac - instructions
    By creaky in forum Galaxy Nexus Development
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 08:47 AM
  2. Root and unlock question
    By iWordplay in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM
  3. How do I unlock+ root my GNEX ?
    By nadav64 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 12:46 AM
  4. Unlock/Root OTA question
    By alm0614 in forum Galaxy Nexus Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 06:19 AM
  5. Can a root unlock my phone
    By baab32 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Search tags for this page

can't install unlock root

,
can't unlock droid
,
cannot install unlock root
,

err 5000 pdanet

,
instal unlock root error
,
pdanet err 5000
,
pdanet error 5000
,
unlock root cannot
,
unlock root do you want try to install driver
,
why can i unlock my galaxy nexus
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+