DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Radios shot?

  1. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #1

    Radios shot?

    I'm having some major issues with reception lately. My 4G will frequently cut out. It seems as if any time i try to use my phone, it initially reads 4G (2-3 bars), then it quickly jumps to 3G. Sometimes even when it says i have 4G, i cant connect to anything. And other times, my data cuts out completely. Ive noticed the issues are really bad when i try to use an app that needs data such as google play, tapatalk, or facebook. Its like as soon as i open those apps, my reception drops. Ive also noticed when i "back" out of the app anytime, my data cuts out and then cuts back on a minute later. It all started when I got off an AOKP from I was on (M5 I think). I initially flashed Vicious's CM10 kang but had some other issues so I switched to an unofficial official CM10 leak. This is when I noticed serious reception problems. I pretty much couldn't even do anything. Restore apps in google play? Nope, forget that, no data with play open. So I flashed Vicious's JB 4.1.1 ROM...same reception issues. So finally I just decided to go back to ICS and get on AOKP M6, my current ROM. But I'm still having these connectivity issues. I don't get it. My connectivity was great before all this. I should also mention that the reception comparison was made in the same rooms in my apartment. So what could this be? Are my radios shot? Am I somehow stuck on non-4.0.4 radios? I thought ROMs would include whatever radio upgrades were needed if any, so shouldn't I be back on 4.0.4 radios now? I don't know what else it could be unless the towers in NW Baltimore are going crazy.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #2
    Oh and I double wipe with every flash

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  4. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    It does sound like it could be a hardware issue from the info given.

    ROMs should have little to nothing to do with connectivity. ROMs should do nothing to radios. There have been changes to how signal is reported (as in the bars of signal), but that doesn't mean dropped data.

    What radios are you on? Have you tried different ones?

    Perhaps it is a Verizon issue. If it has been a few days, I doubt it is them.

    Perhaps try backing everything up, making a backup of the stuff you want to keep on your sdcard to a PC. Then flashing back to locked and stock. See if that solves your problem. If not, I think getting in touch with Verizon would be in your best interest.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    It does sound like it could be a hardware issue from the info given.

    ROMs should have little to nothing to do with connectivity. ROMs should do nothing to radios. There have been changes to how signal is reported (as in the bars of signal), but that doesn't mean dropped data.

    What radios are you on? Have you tried different ones?

    Perhaps it is a Verizon issue. If it has been a few days, I doubt it is them.

    Perhaps try backing everything up, making a backup of the stuff you want to keep on your sdcard to a PC. Then flashing back to locked and stock. See if that solves your problem. If not, I think getting in touch with Verizon would be in your best interest.
    How do I find out what radios I'm on? Its been a good week of the same crap on several roms. Maybe I should just flash the 4.0.4 radios in case I don't have them? I been thinking about warranty exchanging it for other issues anyway, but I've been avoiding it cause the refurbs are always pieces of crap.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  6. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    How do I find out what radios I'm on? Its been a good week of the same crap on several roms. Maybe I should just flash the 4.0.4 radios in case I don't have them? I been thinking about warranty exchanging it for other issues anyway, but I've been avoiding it cause the refurbs are always pieces of crap.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Settings > about phone > baseband
  7. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    Settings > about phone > baseband
    I don't know what it means but here



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  8. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    I don't know what it means but here

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, I shoulda been more informative.

    I515 = your device, the VZW Galaxy Nexus.
    09 = Hardware Version. There is no real difference between the hardware versions that I know of, even though there have been lots of conspiracy theory threads discussing it (build date, build location, build quality...etc all have been discussed and have examples that prove theories wrong).
    FC04 = your CDMA radio, which is the most current one currently (from 4.0.4 IMM76K)
    FC05 = your LTE radio, which is also the most current one (IMM76K also)

    tl;dr You are on the newest radios available at the moment.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #8
    Thanx. Guess this is bad news for me then :/

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  10. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    You could try other radios, different folks may have different luck with other radios. But I think a CLNR is in your future. They aren't all bad.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    You could try other radios, different folks may have different luck with other radios. But I think a CLNR is in your future. They aren't all bad.
    They are with Motorola's

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. stock radios
    By otter34 in forum Galaxy Nexus Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 11:47 AM
  2. Best Radios?
    By wooooowwe in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
  3. Confusion on radios
    By lxJGTxl in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM
  4. TBolt Radios: Which is best?
    By jbdavies in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 04:38 PM
  5. Radios. The how-to
    By doug piston in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Search tags for this page

best radios galaxy nexus

,
cm10 galaxy s3 signal problem
,
cm10 toro baseband
,

droid 4 1x radio

,
droid incredible hardware radio issues
,
droid x2 stronger radio
,
galaxy nexus hardware build date
,

galaxy nexus hw version 10

,
newest radios zip s3
,

verizon galaxy s3 reception issues

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+