Here are some tips to help you on your rom journey.
1) get familiar with adb and have factory images and fastboot files ready to go.
2) perform a nandroid backup
3) copy your music, pictures tibu/mybackuppro, and important data to your computer.
4) utilize cloud services. With all of them giving free space open up accounts on multiple services so you can rack up more gigs free. I have dropbox, google drive, and windows skydrive.
5) use google plus feature to backup pictures in the cloud.
6) use google music to back up music in the cloud
7) select option in tibu to backup to a cloud service and make sure you take the time to actually upload those files to the cloud.
Any tips you think needs to be added let me know.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2