Rooted unlocked now what
Here are some tips to help you on your rom journey.
1) get familiar with adb and have factory images and fastboot files ready to go.
2) perform a nandroid backup
3) copy your music, pictures tibu/mybackuppro, and important data to your computer.
4) utilize cloud services. With all of them giving free space open up accounts on multiple services so you can rack up more gigs free. I have dropbox, google drive, and windows skydrive.
5) use google plus feature to backup pictures in the cloud.
6) use google music to back up music in the cloud
7) select option in tibu to backup to a cloud service and make sure you take the time to actually upload those files to the cloud.
Any tips you think needs to be added let me know.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
And that said. Make sure you keep all those passwords safe and where you can find them. Or if you have a good memory. I have about every cloud service you could think of. But since I fast booted and side loaded ics I can only access a few. So lesson learned. Obviously we don't ever plan on having to wipe data. But things happen. And using a different password for each account is safer. So the more you have make sure to keep a safe memory of the passwords and which is for each service in case you need to reset your apps offering these services. Excellent write up!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You may also backup your nandroid backups to your PC. (Highly advised after some personal experience)
If you're on ClockworkMod, they can be found in the clockwork folder under backups.
This will save you a ton of time if you ever end up softbricking your device like I did. Please learn from my mistake. You never know when or if it's going to happen.
Guys just tested something that will be helpful to you. Personally I have no problem using adb and just pushing files manually. But will admit scripts can be helpful at time IF you know what is going on and can get out of a jam if the script fails. With that said some one on xda just posted a tool that takes you back to ics 4.04 imm76k stock images by running a script through adb/fastboot. You must have adb and fastboot set up. With many of us trying jb its nice to have this as a tool to add to the hackers toolbox imo. Now i dont know the guy so cant comment on his rep. All i know is I saw it on xda and asked a few rs members have they tried it. No one has so I took one for the team.
So with out further due the tool can be found here: [TOOL] One click back to stock 4.0.4 for warranty/repairs - xda-developers
1) make sure you have adb/ fastboot set up already.
2) after you download extract files to desk top
3) run toolbox by doble clicking on the gear looking app that pops up on your desktop after you extract files
4) During boot up it will take awhile (especially if coming from jb). After like 4 mins it will reboot again (dont panic its not a random reboot) then it will go from full bright to dim an in about mins you should feel the heptic feedback as it dims so more and eventually boot up
5) if you used this cuz you had boot issues with jb close out the command window for the script, put your rom or nandroid backup on your sdcard reboot in bootloader and push your recovery through fastboot. Boot into recovery and flash your rom or nandroid. If you are taking another crack at a jb rom do 3 wipes (is that required no...but hey I rather take an extra 30 seconds doing an extra 2 wipes then having to recover my phone again)
5a) if you are trying to return to out of the box state boot into bootloader (volume up + volume down and power) and type "fastboot oem lock" in adb (or the script window that is still open from you going back to ics).
Thanks again and hopes this helps.