DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Get your Jelly Bean...NOW!

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Yeah I think I was on that version.

I tried the mount/unmount data and nothing worked. I tried everything I could while I was away from my PC, but now that I'm back home I'm restoring JD's v4.

I got a feeling there's a problem with the source code. Just doesn't seem to want to work with my phone, I know a handful of others have had this problem. Hopefully source for cdma drops in a week or two and hopefully it's more stable for my phone. I don't want a new Nexus just to test, this is a launch day Nexus and its got sentimental value
    Are you/have you flashed superwipe during all of this? This should fix your issue.

You should also consider switching to TWRP for your recovery. Its so incredibly superior to cwm in every way. I can't believe I waiting so long to switch to it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I did use twrp. Don't know why I switched back. I will give the super wipe a try tomorrow. I didn't have any issues until version 7.

I'll download it with my laptop and paste it over. Maybe my phone is being dumb while downloading.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Are you/have you flashed superwipe during all of this? This should fix your issue.

You should also consider switching to TWRP for your recovery. Its so incredibly superior to cwm in every way. I can't believe I waiting so long to switch to it.

Name:  vg20948_second scruffy futurama.jpg
Views: 16588
Size:  18.6 KB

All of it.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Name:  vg20948_second scruffy futurama.jpg
Views: 16588
Size:  18.6 KB

All of it.
    Boomer!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Trusstopher likes this.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It says superwipe has been removed or is not there :/
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekf028 View Post
    Boomer!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Not that I want to derail the thread, but....

Sooner!

Now back to regularly scheduled postings.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Not that I want to derail the thread, but....

Sooner!

Now back to regularly scheduled postings.
    You guys watch Saving Grace? Great show!
  8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    ricecake did you check the md5 sum?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid -> Galaxy Nexus
    I've been able to dupicate having it hang on the Google logo, as well as having it not be able to mount the data partition. It seems to hang on ghr Google logo whenever a reboot command is issued. Like if Titanium reboots after a device ID restore or if you use ROM Manager to reboot (or the power menu mod). After having it hang, I thought I'd try a battery pull to see if I could get the same problems in recovery. Sure did. Did another battery pull, let it sit at the Google logo for 5 minutes or so and waited for the phone to boot back up. Then I booted back into recovery but this time by powering the phone off normally and then booting into recovery manually. Went into the mounts section to see if could mount /data and sure could. Flashed another kernel to make sure it worked and booted back up normally. Dezy, try that next time the issue happens and tell me if it works. Seems like the reboot command that has worked in prior Android versions isn't workinglikr it should. I've duplicated this twice already (well three times at hanging on the Google logo).

Edit: Whoa holy stick through a cow, I have been running underclocked all this time as the Trinity kernels kept locking my system up on anything higher (forgot to disable smart relfex...lol)...wow it was fast underclocked but this is ridiculous. I have to use a kernel that supports fast charge or my stock charger (the one with the nice long USB cable) only picks up and charges in USB mode. Worked fine on my other Nexus...)
    Last edited by HarvesterX™; 07-04-2012 at 10:49 AM.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvesterX™ View Post
    I've been able to dupicate having it hang on the Google logo, as well as having it not be able to mount the data partition. It seems to hang on ghr Google logo whenever a reboot command is issued. Like if Titanium reboots after a device ID restore or if you use ROM Manager to reboot (or the power menu mod). After having it hang, I thought I'd try a battery pull to see if I could get the same problems in recovery. Sure did. Did another battery pull, let it sit at the Google logo for 5 minutes or so and waited for the phone to boot back up. Then I booted back into recovery but this time by powering the phone off normally and then booting into recovery manually. Went into the mounts section to see if could mount /data and sure could. Flashed another kernel to make sure it worked and booted back up normally. Dezy, try that next time the issue happens and tell me if it works. Seems like the reboot command that has worked in prior Android versions isn't workinglikr it should. I've duplicated this twice already (well three times at hanging on the Google logo).

Edit: Whoa holy stick through a cow, I have been running underclocked all this time as the Trinity kernels kept locking my system up on anything higher (forgot to disable smart relfex...lol)...wow it was fast underclocked but this is ridiculous. I have to use a kernel that supports fast charge or my stock charger (the one with the nice long USB cable) only picks up and charges in USB mode. Worked fine on my other Nexus...)
    Can you provide a link to trinity?

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Links