DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Now i'm really smoking... So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333083605077.pngSo we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333083621072.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    eHRPD is basically a layer "on top" of EVDO Rev A to help make the 3G/4G handoff faster and more efficient. By nature it's not the best solution, but all they had to work with until the new chipsets come out. eHRPD is the reason LTE phones can't even hold a good 3G signal when LTE is struggling or down, while your friend's 3G only phone is standing strong. Get rid of eHRPD and the phone will function like a normal, solid, 3G only Verizon phone. Currently the only chipsets that allow you to truly "get rid of" eHRPD are on the Rezound and Thunderbolt, buried deep in the modem settings, but accessible (and changeable!) nonetheless.

The fact that it's showing eHRPD while the signal indicator is "locked" makes me think that it was struggling at that point, and is not inconsistent with the way it sounds like it's been acting. To be honest, and I'm no expert so take this with a big fat grain of salt, it looks like you're phone is struggling with the eHRPD just like they all do when LTE is weak or down.

So, long story short, I think sb is right... you're kinda SOL until the network improves around there. If you're running 3G all the time anyway, you could grab a phone off Swappa or something for pretty cheap to use as your "daily driver". I picked up an Incredible 2 (an awesome 3G device) for $150 a few weeks ago, in perfect shape. Either that, or grab the Rezound or Thunderbolt if you must have a 4G phone, and disable eHRPD when you travel to those extended areas. Just food for thought...
    eHRPD caught my eye there. Had never heard of it until two days ago. I travel for a living and I'm currently in Norwalk, CA, just outside of LA. I've struggled with signal issues since getting the Gnex a month ago (I've tried the different radio configurations, not much luck, but the 4.0.4s seem to be the best). I'm staying in a hotel atm, and depending on what room I'm in (large group, multiple rooms) I get varying levels of signal. Some are a solid 2-3 bar 4G signal, others are 0-2 bar 3G connection. Kind of annoying to be having the issues anyways, and for the most part, I didn't bother going into the settings and checking the signal and networks. That day though, when in a room I particuarly have trouble in (usually no data connection, but 2 bars of service) I checked, and saw the eHRPD connection. Really through me for a loop, but I'm glad to know what it is now. I've been using a few different ROMs over the past couple days (Sorcery, GummyNex, Liquid) and I haven't really noticed eHRPD coming back up, as I've been maintaining at least a 3G signal.

Not much input on the topic, just glad to see what eHRPD is.
  3. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Excellent thread !
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Here's my reading for today. I dropped data for only a few brief moments this am but was easily able to manipulate data back with Widgetsoid. EVDO seeing is proving to be the ticket. So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333156619007.pngSo we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333156644140.png

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Here is my reading in extended network plus setting. This setting can be accessed under the experimental 4G toggle. Or CNA 1.5.5 advanced development under phone settings menu. So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333156875252.pngSo we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333156889866.png

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Disention View Post
    Here's my reading for today. I dropped data for only a few brief moments this am but was easily able to manipulate data back with Widgetsoid. EVDO seeing is proving to be the ticket. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333156619007.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	436.0 KB 
ID:	48702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333156644140.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	440.0 KB 
ID:	48703

Id go crazy if my data speeds were so low lol, I'm just on a d1 but I get anywhere from 1000 (when I have bad signal) to 2000+ (highest is 2650)... hopefully my nexus wont be that bad (no 4g here just yet) then again I think I'm in a good coverage area
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    This is my speed test for the day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....-uploadfromtaptalk1333167816919.png  
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    hi

I have a Verizon upgrade to use.
    I currently use a droidX with cm9/gummy.

One thought was to buy a refurbished Bionic for $50. almost like getting a free phone?

Another thought was to buy the Galaxy Nexus for $300 which I hear is the best choice for root/from/etc

Reading here about 4g phones not performing well in a 3g area makes me think about the HTC rezound for $200

How do you think the rezound compares to the galaxy nexus?

Howard
    Last edited by HowardZ; 04-01-2012 at 06:07 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    correction, rezound costs $200
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Id go crazy if my data speeds were so low lol, I'm just on a d1 but I get anywhere from 1000 (when I have bad signal) to 2000+ (highest is 2650)... hopefully my nexus wont be that bad (no 4g here just yet) then again I think I'm in a good coverage area
    lol, I was one of the lucky few that got their 3G bottlenecked when the iPhone first came to VZW. My 3G speeds got as bad as like 270, consistently. Thank God for 4G now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links