DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard Stick Error

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Keyboard Stick Error

I have noticed this problem since the day the phone came out whether on stock or on any rom. No matter what the keyboard, whether stock or any other keyboard. There seems to be a stick with the keyboard that is the best way i can describe it. When you have the keyboard open and hit home there is an obvious lag that is even more apparent in 4.0.3 builds. I have not seen one person address this problem or bring it up. Does it just not bother anyone else or what? Does anyone have any ideas for a fix. I have tried everything even considered turning off animations and nothing has helped even a bit. I did notice it was improved on the newest build of apex.. and by improved i mean that it is sticking like it did on 4.0.2 so deffinitely still present. let me know

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    no one has anything to say about this? thinks its weird that all of our phones do this? wants to reply to this thread just to talk? come on!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skostos View Post
    no one has anything to say about this? thinks its weird that all of our phones do this? wants to reply to this thread just to talk? come on!
    Not all phones do this. Mine doesn't exhibit any lag when pressing the home button. It just instantly goes to the home screen. I'm running a 4.0.3 rom.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    no its not like that i will make it more clearKeyboard Stick Error-screenshot_2012-02-02-13-54-36.png this is what i am getting and i have seen about 25 nexus so far and every one has done it. what is happening is you will be texting or something. then if you are to click home you do go home instantly but the keyboard sticks for about 1 second maybe a little less.. its not a huge deal but it would look a ton cleaner if it did not do this.. I am assuming what is going on is the keyboard opens as an app over the top and separate than the other apps that you are typing in.. even with google search.. so when you click home it backs out of the app you are using but the keyboard takes a little longer than the app to go away.. i was thinking there is somewhere where you can change the keyboard kill time from say .7 secs to like .3 or less but i dont know how to do something like that.. do you see what im talking about now?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Mine doesn't do that either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Baton Rouge, LA
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Mine doesn't do that either.

I really dont want to come off like a jerk here so i apologize in advance if i sound that way. I dont think you are looking at the right thing or something. I work at Verizon. Every single person has this phone that i work with. Some rooted some not. Everyone on different roms and I have tried every single one. Even the non rooted phones.. even out of the box.. every phone. I have yet to find one that doesnt do it. So I think yours is doing it too. I am sorry if i point it out to you and it drives you nuts now thats how i felt when i found out about it though. Check it out man its definitely happening especially if you are on 4.0.3
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Mine does it I made a thread about and posted a video of what it does

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=195215

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    The only KB issue i have is tha the KB background in GB sometimes disappears and it just looks like the keys are lying on the homescreen.....usually causes a forced stop for multitouch KB then it's fine for another dozen or so days

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by altspeed View Post
    The only KB issue i have is tha the KB background in GB sometimes disappears and it just looks like the keys are lying on the homescreen.....usually causes a forced stop for multitouch KB then it's fine for another dozen or so days

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yeah this is for sure a nexus thing not on any other phone.. but its all nexus
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skostos View Post
    I really dont want to come off like a jerk here so i apologize in advance if i sound that way. I dont think you are looking at the right thing or something. I work at Verizon. Every single person has this phone that i work with. Some rooted some not. Everyone on different roms and I have tried every single one. Even the non rooted phones.. even out of the box.. every phone. I have yet to find one that doesnt do it. So I think yours is doing it too. I am sorry if i point it out to you and it drives you nuts now thats how i felt when i found out about it though. Check it out man its definitely happening especially if you are on 4.0.3
    It's ok. You don't sound like jerk. But I've been doing this for a long time - my first cell phone weighed about eight pounds and came in bag and had a shoulder strap.

My Gnex does not do it. It could be the rom I'm running or the fact that I use A.I. Type as my default keyboard. What ever, but my phone does not do it. So there is hope for you guys.

Baton Rouge, LA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links